Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive

Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive is a 12.2 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

scenic driving

One of the trails in Las Vegas, open all year to all skill level.

First hike since I moved here. It was an awesome trail. I will be going back to try more. Definitely recommend to others.

Great climbs with smooth asphalt road.

Quite a fun ride. A good friend of mine took me to Red Rock for a date, and we hiked the Calico Tanks there (also pretty awesome). We also checked out the visitor's center and drove on this road (I believe) on our way out. It's definitely a fun road to drive on, especially if you have a learner's permit wanting to learn how to drive on a curvy road with some moderate traffic. I suggest you take a date to check out the resort really sometime and drove along this road on your way out after doing one or more hikes. It was certainly fun for me!

Very pretty drive. Only hiked about a mile off the road but it was very pretty.

We parked on the road to avoid paying to get in. Didnt realize it was a scenic drive. But we found a cool trail on foot in a canyon.

Amazing options for climbing and hiking. You can challenge your climbing skills big time up the red rock mountains or just hike on the paths and in the washes. Great intermediate climbing to be challenging but not where you need ropes...but I did see some peels doing that up the face of a coupe mountains. Down sides if you want to call them that is poorly marked with a few ambitious signs and you have to go all the way around since it's one big one way through the park and of course there is always some dude in a Prius doing 15 mph the whole way so it takes a half hour to get out.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Awesome!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Great trip for families and people that prefer to have easy trails to walk. great views to capture.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great fun

Monday, August 29, 2016

Just love the area. Hiking and exploring away from the city. Great place to relax

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I have driven this route a couple of times, and hiked around the area. Each time hoping to see some wild burros, or horses......no luck, but still a nice trail near Vegas. Who knew?

Friday, July 22, 2016

This is a road, not a trail. Also the only allowable camping is at the Campground, not on the scenic drive. Campground is located 3 miles from the visitor center on SR159.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Ton of great hikes off the loop rode.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

drive slow and enjoy

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

First time use this app is great tool, very easy and a lot of choice to pick, we pick red rock canyon, has fun all day...awesome~~~thank you.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

was so hot out. my water melted inside my jug... very nice views.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

love this loop trail! the views are amazing.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

I was looking to do a hike on the White Rock loop trail. I was not aware this was a 13 mile one way road through the park. Made for a nice drive in and out.

Can't get much better if your looking for a drive in a nice place.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It was a fun day hike

Thursday, July 30, 2015

We took the scenic dive due to the weather. A storm was coming and they expected flash flooding. The area was beautiful. Going to go back in the fall to some hiking here