Red Outcrops is a 11.3 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 11.3 km Elevation Gain: 362 m Route Type: Loop

As of 02/10/20, hikers have reported that the trail has limited access due to construction in the area.

Gorgeous early morning hike. Not difficult.

This trail is a great escape right outside of Summerlin. If you are an avid rock climber there are some great spots for climbing! Would not recommend for a summer hike because there is minimal to no shade. Beautiful red rock formations and great for exploring with friends!

Very good views!

This would be pretty magical if it weren’t so trashed. Sadly, there is graffiti on the rocks, broken glass, and nails from the remains of pallet fires. I wish people would be more respectful of nature- this would be such a great spot.

Newbie to the area - great first trek!

Always worth it! Climb all the way to the back area of the red rocks for an amazing view and experience. Remember to always bring out what you bring in! Leave no trace

Amazing trail with some of the best parts to offer in Vegas. It’s a gradual uphill hike, so I maybe would rate it as Moderate instead of Difficult. To anyone who’s blessed enough to marvel at this creation, please please respect Mother Earth and every ecosystem within her. If you bring a dog and refuse to carry your dogs’ poop bag throughout your hike, then don’t bag it at all and allow it to return to the earth. Also, please remember these rock formations are over 100s of millions of years old- don’t draw on them or start fires near them. Vegas has so many magical hiking trails to explore, just remember that if you pack it in, than pack it out, and respect the land around you long story short: AMAZING views with wildflowers, red rocks, and desert foliage

What a great hike! I have to say is my favorite so far. I didn't complete the whole loop but will be back to do it!

This area is going to be shut down if we don't do something. Please sign the petition. http://chng.it/mSJrHw58Hv

Pretty easy trail to follow! First 3 miles are a steady incline on a gravel which is great for the backside. Can get a little messy at the beginning or end connecting part if you’re not on your All Trails app, but generally easy considering you can see the city/neighborhoods on the way down. No shade, so lather up. Saw a lot of people riding dirt bikes on these trails which is awesomeeee.

Fairly easy, steady incline, nothing too crazy. But beautiful views from the top of the red outcrops. Lots of ATV’s and NO shade so be prepared. Now is the perfect time to do this trail, soon it will get too hot to do

private property

My family n i did dis trail last Sat n weather conditions were perfect! We were skeptical at first cos we were met by a huge “private property” sign where da road ended due to construction, but we saw a couple hikers walkin da trail frm afar, so we just decided to cross it. We got to da (construction) sight pretty late (1pm) so we dint have much sunlight to go further than da red rock area due to lil kids with us. We was hopin to see sum wild animals n ancient petroglyphs if we had gone a lil further back, but deez dazzling lil pools of water (as shown in pics) did suffice! We got to take lots of amazing shots n climb sum pretty good heights which made our trip exciting n memorable! Not alot of hikers dat day so we had a nice lil spot for a private “picnic”.

closed
private property

I've done this hike twice in the last two months. The first time was on a Sunday and no problem crossing all the construction. The 2nd time was last Saturday and LOTS of construction activity and even had a police car patrolling the road leading to the construction/trail. I parked at a nearby park that added about 3/4 mile. this trial really should be taken off this site until the construction is done. after dodging police, security and dump trucks, it's a really nice hike with a lot of red rocks.

private property

Lots of construction! But once you have maneuvered around it the hike is well worth it! I recommend parking at. Sky vista drive and doing the hike in reverse! I can’t wait to go back in the spring! Amazing find! Aka Dahlia “T”. #pajaritoinparadise

private property

Bummer! I was very excited to try this trail but there is currently no way to access it without going on private property. I read that access was limited due to construction, but the construction projects are now completely prohibiting access to the trail.

ohv/off road driving

Trail would be described as moderately Rocky payoff is worth it red rocks with pools and water rainy season beautiful views lots of desert flowers

closed
Sun May 19 2019

5/18/2019 construction begun on a Nevada power plant facility and access to this trail is severely limited! AKA if you feel like dodging speeding bulldozers dump trucks miscellaneous construction vehicles and trespassing signs the trail will be all yours!

Tue May 14 2019