Rancho San Rafael Park: Nature Trail

Rancho San Rafael Park: Nature Trail is a 6.6 mile loop trail located near Reno, Nevada and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I like to use this area for training for upcoming race. With all the up and downhill, twists and turns it does the job and then some

Awesome... 1st choice for my dogs(and me)!

fun an easy for a quick getaway hike!!!

Easy walk.

Monday, September 05, 2016

very nice

Monday, August 08, 2016

Amazing nature trail ❤️

Saturday, May 21, 2016

it was ok

Friday, May 06, 2016

Perfect for long distance practice!!

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Beautiful, easy trail. Perfect for dogs and families! We found a small loop, and ended back where we started after about 20 minutes. Didn't notice any maps or directions, but weren't really looking. Look forward to making the whole loop next time.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great walk right from my doorstep. Beautiful way to start my Sunday morning. 6 mile loop, starting at Sky Country Park to Keystone Trailhead and over the ridge line to Rancho wetlands. Walk through Rancho Arboretum and back up McCarren to Sky Country. Lots of nature to be seen.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

I do inside the dog park. Keeping inside the fence all the way around is approx. 2.73 miles and I do it twice when I have the time!

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Walked this trail with my 2 year old and she enjoyed it and my husband even went, there is a cool little museum after your little hike that is really interesting! I'm for sure doing this trail again!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One of my favorite places to get fresh air and think on days that I don't have much time. My dog likes the dog park as well.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Very fun hike. Went to the N on the hill. A little steep but well worth it for the end view!

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Beautiful all times of the year and a great Sunday stroll.

Friday, July 08, 2011

Ok for a conditioning hike

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Escape from the madness of Downtown Reno to the serene and quiet beauty of Rancho San Rafael Park - a mere 5 minutes away. Wander the maze, or just meander the paths under the tall, majestic trees, whispering in the breeze. Enjoy the twittering of birds, a scampering squirrel - don't blink - a lizard just crossed your path! A quiet spot to get away in the middle of a hot and hectic afternoon... A must!