Raintree Trail

Raintree Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, birding, and horses and is best used from June until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Steep climb to oldest living thing in Nevada, Bristlecone pine named Raintree Steep switchbacks and the altitude will test your endurance on this hike. Views of surrounding peaks and valleys should make it worth while. If the views don't impress you, perhaps the magical feeling of walking underneath the Bristlecone Pines will. These trees have been living here since before the Roman Empire and deserve our love and respect -- there is an "Alice in Wonderland", or surreal feeling about this hike. If you travel quietly (sunrise or sunset), you could see deer, and perhaps mountain lion tracks. If there has been snow, the trail may be impassable, even through May. The trail is extremely well marked and easy to follow -- just keep climbing. Downhill is a breeze. Once you're at Raintree, it's only 1/3 mile to Mummy Springs (trailhead/sign at Raintree). Please respect the Bristlecones (as well as the other trees) and do NOT remove or deface them in any way, even dead braches lying on the ground. Forested hike with ponderosa pine and white fir.

Strenuous hike but well worth it once you get to the top. The temperatures right now are brutal so dress warmly!

Good strenuous hike. Tree at the top was really cool. Great views.

I love it. The hiking is hard but an enjoyable challenge.
an awesome experience.
The view is amazing.

excellent

So my friend and I attempted to do Mummy Springs (which follows the same path but goes off to the right after Raintree), but we could only make it to Raintree. I feel like whoever created the Mummy Springs page was lying to themselves because that hike is NOT 5 miles round trip and is NOT moderate. I do 5k's and 10k's and a bit of uphill training for them and this hike almost killed me.

So just be warned: this hike is quite difficult but is it SO worth it. I'm writing this the day after our hike my legs hurt. However, the Raintree is SO cool and the views on this hike are SO great, that the pain is worth it. I will say this because we had no idea what we were doing: just keep climbing. When you think you've reach the Raintree, you haven't. There is a small wooden sign in front of the Raintree and you'll see some very defined trails going different directions. It's further than you expect but the trail is very well defined and pretty shady. Happy Hiking!

Loved Raintree and this hike. It was difficult. It was up, up and up! If you stay on it you can connect with Mummy or Trail canyon. Which the walls at Trail canyon are spectacular! I still recommend starting on this side, there's better tree cover and the views stay with you more.

A nice challenge up to Raintree. What I loved most were all the surprises and changes in living scenery and mountainscapes along the way. Kept the trek stimulating. Well worth the extra bit from Raintree to refreshing Mummy Springs, with its own flourishing ecosystem. If you think Vegas only glitters, try exploring the natural palette all around the valley and up on Charleston.