Rainbow Vista Trail

Rainbow Vista Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Overton, Nevada that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 95 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Rainbow Vista is a perfect name for the view one gets from the trailhead! The sandstone colors of the surrounding rock cover the entire color spectrum. Easy hike to the Fire Canyon Overlook. The beginning of the hike is very sandy. Great views. During the summer, be sure to do this hike early in the morning because there is no shade and the temperatures will be over 100 degrees.

Terrific state park with easy hikes in the beautiful nevada desert. A welcome nature respite from the vegas scene.

One of my favorite hikes I’ve ever done. Short and sweet. It’s all sandstone blown from the wind so you could probably do it barefoot in some spots. I hiked the whole way in my five fingers with no problems. Breath-taking views the whole way and the lookout at the end is the perfect picnic spot. I would say it’s probably a 30 minute hike out but we stopped several times for photos. Valley of Fire is one of my favorite state parks and it’s a must visit if you’re in Las Vegas.

Deep sand, hard to follow trail with great rocks and vegetation to view. Was a good short hike.

Lots of sand makes trekking a little slow, but beautiful views. Scarce shade, so best to come early. Marked pretty well.

facile petite marche (if ignore the chilling hawk) who loves a superbe point de vue

Beautiful, make sure u walked to the top of the lookout, it’s a little slippery thou so be careful, no shade, it’s short but take water for sure. Sandy, so if it gets windy, will be hard to enjoy it. Can get crowded when buses arrive.

The view at the end is totally worth it! about half the hike is in soft sand (quite the work out) so bring shoes that have less mesh so it won't get in. we did this hike with our small Maltese dog and it was 100% doable for him too.

Nice short hike with a nice view at the end and nice flowers blooming when I went.

Worth the time to hike! It’s a sandy trail but an easy hike. Make sure to walk to the overlook for some stunning views!

unremarkable end point, sandy but easy

It was a beautiful area but had a lot of sand. We had to go up a steep Rock and decided not to go up since we did not have the equipment to do it.

lost track of the markers as it was confusing .. I went right when I should have went left right off the start and ended up loosing the markers so I had to turn around until I found a marker... completed half the trail and never got to the look out due to running out of time with sundown.

Not a bad place to watch the sunrise. Pretty short and easy.

Short and easy. The colors on the rocks look best in lower light (sunrise, sunset, cloudy). The harsh overhead sun in the middle of the day tends to bleach colors out. Would definitely do this again

Was kind of disappointed with this trail. Very sandy & confusing. Not that brilliant of a sight compared to others in the area. Nice short hike but wasn’t very impressed.

Short and easy hike through sand to a nice viewpoint / overlook at the end. The rocks are very colorful here, I recommend to go at sunset or sunrise to get the best photos! Avoid going on a windy day unless you are okay with sand in your eyes haha.

Beautiful, short trail with multi-colored rocks.

we loved this trail, wasnt too long, has an amazing view of Fire Canyon at the end. we sat there and enjoyed the view uninterrupted for a while. so peaceful. still quite hot even in December

Gorgeous views

Nice short trail takes around 30 mins, petroglyphs on the rock, which is cool. Toilets are trailhead. Fairly trafficked even in November.

Really pretty short hike. I also climbed up the large rock close to the midpoint for some added interest and elevation gain. Very easy to do several of these short Valley of Fire hikes in a day.

Easy walk even in the sand. Went all the way to the end to the Fire Canyon overlook. Lots to see and enjoy!

I did the bowl of fire trail in its entirety and then some. It took 7.5 hours. The trail was filled with all that a sportsman can handle. Note: you have to be in great shape to do this trail. The trail starts moderately easy but then it gets challenging. Have gloves handy. There are hills, mountains; the open desert, valleys and amazing sandstone rock formations. What a view! Important: please note that the trail disappears once you go down to the valley. You will need your GPS on. Alert: turn on your GPS from home and leave it on. You will lose reception well before you get to your hike location and then you will not be able to navigate your way. Have a power bank for your phone. EXTRA EXTRA!!! I was nearly attacked by a big bird. Not fun. I came face to face with a coiled rattle snake which was about 4 feet and I was within 8 feet from it. It was about to attack but I ran a few feet to create distance and it also disappeared. They shake the end of their tails when you're close so you'll always know if they're around. Please don't let that scare you. Enjoy the trail. Have fun. Take water with you and above all, be safe.

another good one while visiting this park. all short hikes

By far the best views in all of Valley Of Fire. Hike up and enjoy the view! Enjoy a quiet picnic and don’t forget to leave nothing but footprints

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A long trail is not necesarily the most scenic! This short trail (1.1 mile round trip) is chocked full of glowing red rocks, seasonal wild flowers, and rock formations (arches and windows). We finished this trail in about 1 hour at a moderate pace. Sometimes if you are new to these kinds of trails, it's not always easy to spot the arches and window that hide or get camouflaged in the multicolored rock mounds. Since we have been on several other trails throughout Utah, we have gotten used to spotting some. While this video shows one arch in the peaks of the rocky cliffs, there may have been more we missed due to our fast pace and still relatively freshmen approach to trail walking and spotting natural features. Video: https://youtu.be/KxPuRU_oGps

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Short and easy! The color change in the rocks is very noticeable and you can get a close look as well. Hiked to days ago and it was very hot!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Absolutely stunning. It's a very short trail, but worth every moment. The first part has some trudging through soft sand, but the path towards Fire Canyon is mostly rock and easy going. Incredibly beautiful views of the canyon. The markers are easy enough to see, but you don't really need them, as it's fairly well traveled and you can see footsteps in the sand.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

my favorite spot at valley of fire alot of area to explore dont really need trails

Monday, March 19, 2018

Overlook for Fire Canyon is breathtaking.