Rainbow Springs to Bootleg Spring

Rainbow Springs to Bootleg Spring is a 6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

When you cross over the rocks, the trail goes to the left fairly soon after that. If you get to the pink ribbon you are above the trail. I thought I read somewhere a thank you for the ribbon so I followed that as our guide. We ended up hiking up and down the hills for 3 hours before finally connecting back with the actual trail Never made it to the springs. If you find the actual trail, the hike isn't too bad. But if you get off the trail, it gets very hard. The views were beautiful though.

Sometimes I lost the trail, but I went solo in December and was warm in my denim and sweatshirt. I traveled with a small dog, saw small game and, remarkably, most of the spring was frozen. Great vistas and trees.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

very short trail ,if you drive in from main road ,but very pretty and remote great for hike with dogs .mostly gravel and soft dirt.there is also a trail that heads east from there that continues for about 4 miles and takes you to the backside of red rock mountains this view is fabulous.since your looking down on the valley.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016