Railroad Tunnel Trail

Railroad Tunnel Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Las Vegas, NV, take 93 south through Boulder City, NV. Turn Left on Lake Shore Dr. If you drive past the Hacienda, you have driven too far. From Kingman, take 93 north and leave AZ. Drive past the Hacienda, and turn Right on Lake Shore Dr. The trail head is approximately 500 yards down Lake Shore Dr, on the right.

Great view and fun for the whole family!

I've done this on foot and on bikes with my family... great trail, we were even able to pull our youngest in a bike trailer. Loved that we could lock our bikes up and go down to check out Hoover dam.

Really easy walking trail

Fun, family friendly, scenic, long! Haha

The view was amazing. We saw Mountain Goats and the dogs had a wonderful time. The railway tunnels are facinating and are sure to keep train-enthusiasts and history buffs entertained throughout the hike.

A great view of Lake Mead. Enjoyed the hike with a friend. The tunnels are neat.

It’s always awesome. I’m so disappointed with people because I have see someone leave dog poop bags inside Tunnel. Please be respect wildlife keep clean. Please hold your dog poops bag until you see there trash can be safe for animals.

Hardly any climbs, nice views .. safe to bring even babies

Very scenic and easy

Easy 6 mile hike (3 out and 3 back) from the Visitor Center lower parking lot trailhead through all 5 tunnels. 6 more miles (3 out and 3 back) takes you to Hoover Dam, but we only wanted a quick 2 to 3 hour hike with the kids today. The grade is very easy because the trail used to be a railroad bed.

fun trail. nice views. easy, kids loved it.

the tunnels are very cool and the pyramids

This trail-head used to be a railroad, so since train tracks need to be as flat as possible the trail isn't very hard. There is not many uphills or downhills. It was very cool however to see the tunnels that cut through the mountain. To be honest, It would have been a lot more fun on a bicycle.

This easy trail had some good views and tunnels, but it was very slow moving. It would be much better on bike.

I took my kids (ages 8,5,3) and they LOVED walking through he tunnels. We walked through 3 tunnels and then turned back. My three year old walked the whole way but was moving pretty slow by the end. Beautiful views. I can’t wait to go back and run the whole thing.

loved it. lots of nice pictures to take.

Very nice views, easy walking.

I brought three kids (18months to 8yrs) and a dog on this trail and it was loved by all!

Great walk for views and historic and geological interest! Mixed group of fit and not so much all enjoyed this trail.

Easy trail to enjoy. Great views, with the tunnels being an obvious highlight. Parking to the trailheads is very accessible. I always bring my dog, and it’s wide and easy terrain for him to enjoy, as well.

Great trail, very easy. You can take it all the way to Hoover Dam, too.

Took my dog along the trail with me, great firm flat terrain for for him. After all 5 tunnels there is a small area that has a restroom, water fountain, and an emergency call station. Amazing views of lake mead and terrain. Tunnels are amazing and very cool to walk through. Parking was ample for a Wednesday afternoon.

Loved the views of Lake Mead, the 5 tunnels were cool (literally), and the history was interesting. Also dog friendly.

It gets super warm. Take plenty of water. Nice easy hike!

Easy trail for the whole family!

Beautiful views. Somewhat popular. Certain times of the years you can hear the bats in the caves!

Loved! Beautiful. Super fun and different.

Amazing views. Easy trail for everyone.

Fun family-friendly walk with Great Lake views and local history.

Bats!