Railroad Tunnel Trail

Railroad Tunnel Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Las Vegas, NV, take 93 south through Boulder City, NV. Turn Left on Lake Shore Dr. If you drive past the Hacienda, you have driven too far. From Kingman, take 93 north and leave AZ. Drive past the Hacienda, and turn Right on Lake Shore Dr. The trail head is approximately 500 yards down Lake Shore Dr, on the right.

This was a fun way to go and see the Hoover Dam. However, the trail just gets you to the parking garage but there are plenty of signs and it’s not hard to get to the dam itself. You can also get to the memorial bridge, it just adds a bit of walking uphill, nothing too steep though. If you use hiking poles like I do make sure to bring your the asphalt feet attachments. It’s all dirt but it’s so packed down it might as well be paved. Words of caution: there is NO SHADE, bring lots of water and sunscreen. Also consider not doing this trail between June and September. If you do then go early in the day. I didn’t get back to my car until 2:30 pm and I was struggling just because the sun was so strong. Overall I thought it was great but I wish I could have done it earlier in the spring.

Great hike and biking trail. Nice historical viewpoints throughout the way. This trail if started at the visitor's center eill lead you all the way to the Hoover Dam visitor's center.

Nice experience and views for first two miles. Does not get to dam unless add steep descent to top of Hoover Dam parking garage. More like 4 miles each way to get to dam. Best option is 2 miles out goes through all 5 tunnels, turn around and go back. Take WATER.

Great view and fun for the whole family!

I've done this on foot and on bikes with my family... great trail, we were even able to pull our youngest in a bike trailer. Loved that we could lock our bikes up and go down to check out Hoover dam.

Really easy walking trail

Fun, family friendly, scenic, long! Haha

The view was amazing. We saw Mountain Goats and the dogs had a wonderful time. The railway tunnels are facinating and are sure to keep train-enthusiasts and history buffs entertained throughout the hike.

A great view of Lake Mead. Enjoyed the hike with a friend. The tunnels are neat.

It’s always awesome. I’m so disappointed with people because I have see someone leave dog poop bags inside Tunnel. Please be respect wildlife keep clean. Please hold your dog poops bag until you see there trash can be safe for animals.

Hardly any climbs, nice views .. safe to bring even babies

Very scenic and easy

Easy 6 mile hike (3 out and 3 back) from the Visitor Center lower parking lot trailhead through all 5 tunnels. 6 more miles (3 out and 3 back) takes you to Hoover Dam, but we only wanted a quick 2 to 3 hour hike with the kids today. The grade is very easy because the trail used to be a railroad bed.

fun trail. nice views. easy, kids loved it.

the tunnels are very cool and the pyramids

This trail-head used to be a railroad, so since train tracks need to be as flat as possible the trail isn't very hard. There is not many uphills or downhills. It was very cool however to see the tunnels that cut through the mountain. To be honest, It would have been a lot more fun on a bicycle.

This easy trail had some good views and tunnels, but it was very slow moving. It would be much better on bike.

I took my kids (ages 8,5,3) and they LOVED walking through he tunnels. We walked through 3 tunnels and then turned back. My three year old walked the whole way but was moving pretty slow by the end. Beautiful views. I can’t wait to go back and run the whole thing.

loved it. lots of nice pictures to take.

Very nice views, easy walking.

I brought three kids (18months to 8yrs) and a dog on this trail and it was loved by all!

Great walk for views and historic and geological interest! Mixed group of fit and not so much all enjoyed this trail.

Easy trail to enjoy. Great views, with the tunnels being an obvious highlight. Parking to the trailheads is very accessible. I always bring my dog, and it’s wide and easy terrain for him to enjoy, as well.

Great trail, very easy. You can take it all the way to Hoover Dam, too.

Took my dog along the trail with me, great firm flat terrain for for him. After all 5 tunnels there is a small area that has a restroom, water fountain, and an emergency call station. Amazing views of lake mead and terrain. Tunnels are amazing and very cool to walk through. Parking was ample for a Wednesday afternoon.

Loved the views of Lake Mead, the 5 tunnels were cool (literally), and the history was interesting. Also dog friendly.

It gets super warm. Take plenty of water. Nice easy hike!

Easy trail for the whole family!

Beautiful views. Somewhat popular. Certain times of the years you can hear the bats in the caves!

Loved! Beautiful. Super fun and different.