Prospect Trail

Prospect Trail is a 10 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Overton, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It was a beautiful hike, we did the full trail and added the White Dome Loop at the end since it’s right next to it. It took us approximately 3.5-4 hours, with short breaks to take pictures and enjoy some snacks.

We found the bed rock a little annoying to walk on, but such is the nature of the trail.

Also, it’s pretty well marked considering it’s an unmarked/unkept trail.

Beautiful hike with views of rock formations with many different colors. If you are making a loop with White Domes Trail, I would recommend parking at White Domes and go south and then connect with the Prospect Trail, this way most of the trail at the end will be downhill. There are some amazing side canyons on the trail that are stunning in color and striations. This is a great trail but it was a bit long and we did the 10 miles in 8 hours with many stops for photos and food breaks.

Someone needs to edit the description because it is definitely not 1 mile. The signs read that the trail is not marked, but it is. All you have to do is look for the markings. We got off trail a couple of times but we always found our way back to after. My wife and I did 5.1miles to White Dome and 4.9 miles back. We saw diverse rock formation and color. My wife actually spotted a tomatillo plant with actual tomatoes in the middle of nowhere (2.5 miles in). If you enjoy adventure, definitely do this trail, you wont regret it.

Beautiful and diverse rock formations. Moderate to easy but you can jet off course and conquer a cliff or gully at any given time- arrive early and allow at least 3-4 hours, perfect for packing a lunch and enjoying the day. Can get crowded around the parking areas but thins out fast as you hike back in. Stop and enjoy amazing views!

Awesome hike ..definitely not a mile ..I added in the white domes loop and hiked back to prospect trail head and clocked about 10 miles ..so be prepared for at least 9 miles there and back ..well worth it though ,easy miles too ..trail is split between a designated easy to follow trail on hard packed surface and some river bar, rock scrambling sections too ..weather was great ..all around good times

Saturday, December 10, 2016

This trail is actually a 5.5 mile hike up to White Dome trail. Around 3.5 miles in there is some light climbing involved which adds some fun to the hike. My wife and I had a great time doing this trail. Once you get to White Domes you are rewarded with tons of neat, different things to gaze at! My wife and I decided to hike back battling what daylight we had left. Ended up hiking over 11 miles total up and back. We will do this trail again for sure with the kids soon!