Pittman Wash Trail

Pittman Wash Trail is a 8.2 mile out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Pittman Wash Trail is a paved trail running along, through, across and over the Pittman Wash. There is one street crossing with a cross walk.

It was nice we loved the views!

geocaching

this is a nice walk with plenty of benches and places to relax in the shade. At night the path is well lit.

This trail head starts almost behind my neighborhood,very easy access. Just moved here from out of state, this trail reminded me of being in Utah. Lots of shaded areas and beautiful scenery. We will be using this trail often.

Pittman Wash is a great training path. Great elevation change and people/wildlife watching.

Very easy and nice trail. In the middle of the city, yet still pretty quiet. if you watch out, you can see a lot of small wildlife...

I love this trail for it's safe feel- you are in town but can still feel like you are off and away. Running the trail offers some rolling hills and you can really push it and make it a stellar workout. I love seeing other outdoor enthusiasts-there are plenty of other people to greet during your journey. I found several places with a restroom which is a bonus to me too!

This is actually a cool place to walk if you don't want to leave civilization. It's quite pretty and it's really easy.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

great bike trail/running trail!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great for biking or walking the dog!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

This is a great bike trail easy to follow. It can get really crowded in the mornings. Lots of different activities taking place at the same time biking, running, walking, hiking and a few people just sitting on the benches watching.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nice ride for cyclists

Saturday, March 19, 2016

great way to relax too short trip quick walk with loved ones

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The trail gets its name from the Pittman Wash which lies right next to it all along the way with desert vegetation, hiking trails and local fauna like different kinds of birds and lots of rabbits running all around. No bicycles are allowed inside the wash itself but on the paved trail right next to it.

The trail is paved all the way through. It's got some inclination at certain intervals, but no hard to bike on. It bypasses major streets like Green Valley Pkwy and Valle Verde Dr via passage ways underneath them, so you don't have to worry about incoming traffic.

I just rode the trail about two weeks ago and it was really nice. I rode from the trailhead at Arroyo Grande Blvd up to Pecos Rd for about 2.9 miles. That' s where I found Pecos Legacy Park; a nice place with lots of green space, tables and benches where you can sit, relax and enjoy a snack. I could have ridden another couple of miles on the trail but night had fallen already and I still had to ride back home. The ride from home was 2 miles to the trailhead. So it was almost 5 miles each way for a total of 10 miles ridden.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My family took a ride and parked near Windmill and Green Valley and did a small hike down in the wash. We hiked about three miles round trip in the wash and not on the hard ball. Many trails to choose from and well marked and lined with large rocks. Several trails to get up and out of the wash and back on the paved trail as well. Saw road runners, ground quail, hummingbirds, and desert squirrels.

Enjoyable hike even in the middle of a busy city!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Decided to bike this trail as part of the City of Henderson's Discover our Trails Scavenger Hunt taking place the entire month of May, 2013. I would have never discovered how much fun it was to bike had it not have been for this promotion.

It's a moderate challenge (really kicked my butt due to being a little out of shape at the moment lol!) with scenic views of desert scenery and lavish greenery due to park landscaping. This place gets a lot of action. I came at 7:30am to beat the heat and crowds and it was perfect. Not too many folks and just the right amount of company.

I would recommend this trail to bikers and hikers looking for just a simple outing with a very moderate challenge.