Pine Creek Canyon Trail

Pine Creek Canyon Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well kept secret, hidden canyon w/ponds and ferns along stream, majestic cliffs Climbers will know Fern Canyon from the Dark Shadows climb. Most climbers follow the upper path, which is a dirt/rock trail that works it way WNW under cliffs N of Pine Creek. If you enjoy bouldering, you can follow the stream up the canyon instead or you could easily miss the many ponds, pools, ferns, and lush vegetation. Use the dead pine in the photo as a landmark for when to leave the dirt/rock trail and enter the streambed. Follow the stream PAST the climbers launch for Dark Shadows, and turn the corner heading W into the canyon as the cliffs narrow above (N of Mescalito). As the canyon narrows, continue bouldering (class II and III), or scramble up the many game trails (very steep and rocky) to the end of the canyon (ends in seasonal waterfall). Don't feel bad if you don't make it to the end -- this is about 6 miles RT from the parking lot and gets very rough in the end. Instead, enjoy the incredible sights and sounds, many rest/lunch spots.

This is one of my favorite trails when I want to get in a short hike.

This is a gem! Spring is the best time to visit as the falls are active and beautiful pools welcome tired tootsies. Early AM I found to be perfect for this trail. We returned a few weeks ago and the falls were but a trickle and the pools had dried.

Fun hike! Beautiful views of the pines and mountains. Lots of water flowing thru the creek.

a pretty easy hike. it was a great day to go hiking

nice trail beautiful waterfall bathrooms inside red rock

Beautiful hike- especially in spring! Lots of wild flowers and the pools of water were beautiful. We took our two dogs and they did well though it did require some rock jumping for them. Bring lots of water, the first part of the hike has little shade but once you reach further back there are lots of shady spots to rest and relax.

Hiked this a few days ago with friends. It’s a nice trail with some rock hopping to make it interesting. Also, always nice to see water on the way.

Cool trail. Didn’t know there were pine trees and creeks to be found in Red Rock. I found a little pool and hopped in to cool off. Nice little hike but the trail gets pretty narrow and hard to find at parts.

We really enjoyed this challenging hike today. We turned around about 3/4 of the way to the waterfall at the end due to the increased difficulty of the bouldering. We had seen so much beauty already that we were full and didn’t need to press on. The little pools of water and stream along with endless beautiful rocks of all colors and patterns and the diversity of the plant life made this hike one of our favorites so far.
When you are on the trail, you will come to a big rock triangle in the dirt and there are three ways to go. This is where we went left to the riverbed and then took a right at the riverbed and followed it out and back for the reminder of the hike. This will take you to the pools of water. Be careful coming back. We almost missed the left out of the riverbed to get back onto the main trail.

The mountains besides the trail are so beautiful. I am sorry I didn't hike the whole trail.

It’s definitely not 5 miles. To the end of the trail was maybe a mile and a half out if that. The sign even says 2.4 round trip. It’s pretty but March 10th we saw a trickle and a small pond.

Southern Cali girl here. I recently got back into hiking and have tried to look for a nearby trail anywhere I go. My boyfriend has family in the Vegas area so I was excited to learn of the many wonders surrounding us here. This is one of many trails in the park. It was fun to get lost in the canyon, climb rocks and play with snow. I'm glad we started early because it wasn't crowded and we got to appreciate the creek and ponds practically to ourselves. will return!

Love the scenery. Only problem I had with the trail was there were so many forks and it was hard to make out where the trail actually went and ended. Lots of dead ends. Ended up traveling back and going to two different creek split-offs. Also the map on this app is much longer than what is traveled upon by walked trails. Pick your own adventure, I guess!

careful with the rocky hike.

Loved it. We took our 11 months old baby! She did great beautiful and easy!

This hike is not a young kid friendly hike. It is only for only four kids 8 and older. The trails are not marked very well especially once you get a mile and a quarter in to the hike. There are a lot of miniature trails with a lot of foot traffic that make it super confusing. I am a seasoned hater and have been on many hikes with my family and this is the first time I got confused on what trail to take. I wanted to do the whole hike but we couldn’t because we spent too much time trying to figure out which trail to take and then having to turn around whenever we got stuck at a dead end

fun trail. quite a few hikers were arriving as i left trail mid day, but had not seen many people on way out.

awesome trail!!!

This is a beautiful trail, meadows and rock scramble but easy enough to enjoy. We got to see people rock climbing. Nearby mountain is 9200 ft high and so impressive. The trail is not well marked and this app has a different length then the actual map you get, that is my only complaint. We actually don’t know if we “finished” the trail due to poor signage. But otherwise a perfect trail. There is even a small creek. Saw many other hikers.

Hiked this on a windy day. Gorgeous. Saw only 1 other person on the trails.

I'm from Arizona and I love the outdoors. especially this trail because I was the only one on the trail beside rock climbers I passed.

Excellent Nevada scenery!

Cool trail that takes you to some up close and amazing views of the mountains... if you listen and look close, you just might see some climbers on the face of the mountain... Mesmerizing and terrifying to watch... Trail isn’t hard, you just need to be in decent fitness to enjoy it ... they list it at 2+ hours but it can be done in less if you keep steady pace and stay on the main trail

Great hike and I was only one on the trail at one point.

Easy to get lost. Many surprises!

It’s pretty easy and quite a pretty trail

Fun Hike for myself and my 9yr old and 16yr old. Right now in November is a Perfect time to do this trail. the weather was gorgeous. we followed the creek up back as far as we wanted, it seemed never ending..lol, .. we climbed boulders, and i do recommend everybody watch their footing if they follow the creek . there was climbing, frogs, cool insects, gorgeous colorful leaves everywhere, just fun. my kids loved it. i recommend to everyone. oh and we will be checking out the lil trail that is along side the homestead remnants! Adventure lies in wait

Had a great time on this “trail” today!! Once you hit the creek it’s more like a choose-your-own-adventure rock scramble. But it’s hard to get lost and it’s nice and cool. Even saw frogs and tadpoles. I’m not sure why it’s listed as being 5 miles.... we went farther than most tracked hikes on here (basically until the rocks were too big to hike over/around) and we ended up just shy of 4 miles

We enjoyed it !!! The weather perfect ... we like rock part before we hit the river :) .... map will help there was a couple of trail going in this trail .... dog and kids will love this