Peavine Peak Trail

Peavine Peak Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reno, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

5 miles of straight up hill was pretty intense but the view was worth it all!

I, also, recommend using a hiking app, as there are many, many different roads. The trail is steep, and parts of it are sandy, and, other parts large-rock gravel (baseball size). Tough, but fun.

There are many ways to get up to the peak, but I highly recommend using what is suggested by this app. It is a smaller trail, and follows the creek all the way to the top. May be difficult to find at first, but it provides the best scenery, and is the most gradual incline. I made the mistake of taking another way up that I found incredibly rocky and steep.

Excellent yet difficult hike. Me being out of shape I was able to make it to the top but it took me a while. I mistakenly went right at the Y instead of left which left me with some difficult inclines to get to the top. The views are well worth it once you get there. Round trip took me about 5 hours. Ran into some atvs and motorcycles along the way as there is a road (peavine I believe) that can get you pretty high up.

Hiked it for the first time last year. Sure there was one reeeeally steep spot but made it. Down was a different story, I wished I had better boots. Beautiful view and we didn't even go all the way up (about 1/2 way). Excited to go again this year and planning to spend the entire day instead of just part of it. We're planning on going all the way to the towers. At almost 60 and having an office job with not much physical activity, I was quite please with myself.

Very Steep Hike!! Make sure you have a very very strong endurance in walking constantly on an incline motion..It was really hard you need to be really fit ad strong to do this Hike its not easy!! Very Hard! On a lighter note well worth the amazing views overlooking the whole part of Reno and Sparks!

so it was hard.... but early on when the trail forked and I went left instead of right and it took us straight up onto an incredibly challenging hike. fantastic views though. then when we met back up with the trail some lovely drunks were shooting their guns in our specific direction. when we got back on the normal trail it was significantly easier but still quite steep in spots, so be careful.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

In early morning this is a super quiet spot. I have yet to run into one person! I like this hike because it is easy to get to. pretty views, but yes, steep! There is a large pile of trash on one of the paths which was a bit of a bummer but I still love this lil area :)

Friday, July 15, 2016

I love flossing my ATV up
This hill. I own the vine! LEGEND

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

Steep! A lot of motorcycles. Great views, but much more difficult than I thought it would be.