Peavine Peak Trail

Peavine Peak Trail is a 8.5 mile out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

32 minutes ago

Hiked it for the first time last year. Sure there was one reeeeally steep spot but made it. Down was a different story, I wished I had better boots. Beautiful view and we didn't even go all the way up (about 1/2 way). Excited to go again this year and planning to spend the entire day instead of just part of it. We're planning on going all the way to the towers. At almost 60 and having an office job with not much physical activity, I was quite please with myself.

Very Steep Hike!! Make sure you have a very very strong endurance in walking constantly on an incline motion..It was really hard you need to be really fit ad strong to do this Hike its not easy!! Very Hard! On a lighter note well worth the amazing views overlooking the whole part of Reno and Sparks!

so it was hard.... but early on when the trail forked and I went left instead of right and it took us straight up onto an incredibly challenging hike. fantastic views though. then when we met back up with the trail some lovely drunks were shooting their guns in our specific direction. when we got back on the normal trail it was significantly easier but still quite steep in spots, so be careful.

In early morning this is a super quiet spot. I have yet to run into one person! I like this hike because it is easy to get to. pretty views, but yes, steep! There is a large pile of trash on one of the paths which was a bit of a bummer but I still love this lil area :)

I love flossing my ATV up
This hill. I own the vine! LEGEND

Steep! A lot of motorcycles. Great views, but much more difficult than I thought it would be.

off road driving

Lots of shooting in the area, even though it is posted restricted. I walked to the top with 20 lb pack & 2 liters water pouch. Very windy at top so pack a light jacket. I wen on a fine day in November & didn't adjust for the short day and ended up walking 2 hours in the dark back down!

Never again.

I saw Peavine Peak from my back porch after moving to Reno on August 1st. I said to myself "I can't keep looking at that mountain and not climb it...every time I see it without having climbed it, it's going to bother me."

I parked my car off the dirt road that escapes Kings Row and made my way to the top visually.

Much of this hike was off trail, but because of the relatively barren landscape, it's easy to find your way to the top. But it's longer than it looks! This route was just under 5 miles -- all of which are straight uphill!