Oak Creek Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Diamond, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 705 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This was a very nice trail I don't know if I would consider it "moderate" but don't go into this hike thinking it will be like taking grandma Glenda for a trail walk. Also I wouldn't recommend bringing a dog in this one as we did and it made it extremely difficult as the first part of the hike is easy and starts off with a few rocks and dirt. As you get into the trail itself the terrain becomes steeper and a little bit more uneven with slightly larger rocks. The trail itself isn't clearly marked as to what direction you'll need to take in order to reach the pools so we were unsure! We ended up taking the higher section into the trail and the lower section back out. Lower Section: Be cautious with this one I wouldn't recommend it with dogs or children as there is light scrambling involved as the rocks can get pretty big and there is a alot of them!

Bring your camera! Tons of flowers and bugs along the trail along with Jack Rabbits. Mainly easy along the first part with some scrambling along the last 1/3.

Trail felt more on the easy side. overall the trail was just fun. little patchs of boulders to have fun. There was also little scrambles towards the end of the trails that where fun. We did not complete the last .75 miles do to weather rolling in.

The trail is mostly rock and sand some bolder hoping as you get back in the trail but nothing bad. We joked around took our time and got off the path a few times and it only took us 2 hours out and back. I had some new guys to hiking and they had no problems with this trail. I would not call this a moderate trail. Its an easy one. That said it is a good one to do even with the weather and coming in it was a fun trail. If you are looking for a fun little trail this one is a good family one.

Lots of birds, grottos, and pretty flowers along the partially shaded trail. A good hike for kids and hikers of any age, although on the return, the path feels a little steep.

Monday, October 01, 2018

Good up and back hike. you can break off to Knoll loop which is very easy trail but kind of hard to follow without the GPX downloaded to guide you.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Decided to take an early morning hike before heading over to the convention center for SEMA. Started from the highway and got to the mouth of the canyon, where I had to turn back and get ready for work. The approach to the canyon is wide and rocky, but an easy hike. The canyon looked interesting, but I had to turn back before entering. It was a beautiful morning, watching the sun rise over the mountains and begin to warm the air. I would like to go back when I have more time to explore the canyon.

Saturday, May 12, 2018