North Oak Creek Trail

North Oak Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The wildflower blooms and snowmelt filling the creeks in spring may only be surpassed by the winter beauty of ice and snow in the canyon. Fall colors are spectacular, thanks to the ash, aspens, and willows. Brilliant purples of the western redbud contrast sharply against the green pines, mahogany, and junipers when early summer/late spring takes hold.

Terrible trail marking. We ended up way off course several times. We had kiddos with us, so it was a serious bummer. Working our way back across desert landscape was no fun.

Very nice area trails not marked well there are trails all over guess you just pick one

It's not hard at all. Don't roll your ankles

Wonderful afternoon hike. The views of the mountains on the way in are spectacular. Very nice places along the creek to pull up a rock and enjoy a snack in the shade of oak trees. This is the perfect trail for a late afternoon hike.

Trail was beautiful with great approaching view of the mountain range. Although it was poorly marked as we hiked farther up. Really neat watering hole oasis at the top.

a fun little trail. follow the trail all the way around past the back bend to find the creek. we did some scrambling down to a very small section of the creek, fun, but the better creek views were ahead where we stopped for lunch! lots of small trails intersect with this one making it easy to veer off course a bit. would do it again!

the majority of the trail is through the dessert. Very scenic as you are walking towards the red Rock mountains with lots of colors. about 1.5 miles in the wildlife bursts out and you start hearing lots of small animals, birds and what not. When you go over a small hill down into a cavern at 2 miles it is like a little oasis. Creek is beautiful, crystal clear with little water falls. be sure to check tour trail on your way back as I found myself going to the wrong parking area and had to cut across. there are a lot of trails running parralel.

Great hike. Winter with some snow. Red Rock Canyon scenic drive was closed after 2 days of rain/snow so I went here. From the highway roadside parking it took almost an hour just to get close to the mountain pass. Once I was there I tried to progress between the high mountain cliffs where it then got pretty technical with some scrambling, and the bush got much thicker with no official trail. My trekking poles were definitely nice to have at that point and I even put my crampons to use to walk over some icy rocks. Will definitely go back in summer where going further up the creek will be much easier and safer. Beautiful runoff falls from melting snow from the towering cliffs when I went... Plenty of climbing and scrambling options short of the pass on the left (mount wilson) and right (rainbow mountain) as you approach. You can pretty much not stick to a trail and forge your own way in the area and explore and climb.

Awesome Creek at the end. Crystal clear water, so beautiful. great hike.