Mummy's Nose

Mummy's Nose is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Charleston, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

This trail was really difficult. My boyfriend suggested this one in our training to hike mount Charleston. I didn’t think much of it. Cool another trail to conquer.

Man I wish I’d looked into this one some more. There wasn’t a discernible trail. We walked up a wash and sort of zig zagged until we came on bigger wash. This trail was hard. It was steep pretty consistently. Then when you get to the wash there is a lot of rock climbing.

We almost made it to the saddle but I had to quit the incline was too much and my legs were done. It took us six hours up and back just to the saddle. I’d like to conquer this one day but I definitely wasn’t ready. Next time I’d do this with a group.

We didn’t see another soul on this hike and it has some spots where you could easily slide and injure yourself. Going with a group would make it less treacherous if someone hurt their ankle and someone needed to go get help.

I’m only giving it three stars from my experience. A well seasoned hiker would probably enjoy this

recorded Mummy Nose