Mummy Spring Trail

Mummy Spring Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel north on U.S. Highway 95, then take State Route 157 west. Mummy Springs Trail must be accessed via the North Loop Trail. The North Loop trailhead can be reached by transferring from State Route 175 onto State Route 158 and traveling north. Drive past the road to Hilltop Campground, then park in the second turnout to the left. The Mummy Springs trail junction is about three miles in on the North Loop trail. The spring can also be accessed by hiking in from Trail Canyon about 3 and a half miles to the junction.

The trail was well marked and easy to walk. It’s a pretty steady incline for the first 3/4 or so but want too bad. I’m not sure I would take my 8 y/o’s on it and I did see some younger kids at the bottom half but not many people on the second half. The spring was barely dripping...as expected. Some of the views were good but not great like I would have wanted. Next time I’ll cut off to Fletcher Peak (a little before the right turn at the big rain tree).

If you’re camping at Hilltop, this is great trail that is around the corner from the campsite. I was in the zone and ended up going a little past the Springs because there is no water in June so easy to miss. The switchbacks provide the most difficult incline, and then it levels off with about 3/4 mile left.

Offers some scenic views and a good workout.

beautiful hike here today

Challenging but worth it. For a while I wondered if we would ever get to the top. Lots of pretty yellow leaves on some of the bushes. Easy to follow trail and well maintained. The trees, especially the Rain Tree, are beautiful!

Good trail...challenging incline for 3.0 miles from the trailhead, then pretty much evens out for the 1/2 mile to mummy springs. Coming down isn't comfortable...rocky most of the way and rough on the feet/knees. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Loved this hike. it's challenging as it goes up hill alot, the trail is easy to follow. Very beautiful views. You pass by the Raintree then head off to the right till you reach the "spring".
I went in the summer so there wasn't much water.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

This trail is not good for people who cannot handle elevation incline! It's mostly uphill the whole way with a few switchbacks going about 3.5 miles until you hit the Bristlecone pine tree and the trail to mummy springs itself. It's a little misleading because I did not think we had to hike this far just to get to the mummy springs trail. It was a beautiful day though with overcast clouds and seeing the house he tree was worth it!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Had a fantastic time hiking to see a 3000+ yr old Bristlecone Pine then went on a side trip to see the Mummy Spring. Icicles in mid June.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Beautiful trail. Had to stop a lot to catch my breath:-)

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Great hike for a short distance with lots of elevation gain. Today the spring was frozen making it well worth the hike!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Great way to spend the afternoon.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

A lot of switchbacks, but definitely an amazing hike as long as you don't miss the springs!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

I had a great time at this trail the temperature was 62 at the trail head. But when I arrived to the spring. It was all frozen and it was really cold so just be prepared for it. The fall trees colors made the hike really unique.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Didn't get very far on this trail because of my hike the previous day. My legs were done about two miles in. I climbed to these rocks that you can see to the left of the trail about .5 mile into the hike. Such good views! I'll add a picture from it. It was a little hazy from the LA fire so I'll definitely be going back to check it out.

Monday, June 01, 2015

From the North loop its about 5 .3 miles round trip to raintree to mummy springs its about another .3 or . 4 of a mile from raintree.