Mormon Well Road is a 45.1 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for camping, nature trips, and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 45.1 miles Elevation Gain: 4,084 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

cave

This route starts in the new Tule Springs Fossil Beds National Monument. For more information visit: https://www.nps.gov/tusk/index.htm This is not a maintained road, 4 wheel drive recommended but not required all the time. Watch out for wash out you may have to turn back. Campground is 1\2 way between US95 and US93 (start and end of trail). Please sign in at visitor center and make sure you have plenty of water. Stock off road vehicles will have no trouble on this route (Jeep, FJ, hummer, 4x4 truck, etc) Not recommended for passenger cars, 2x4 trucks will be OK but may want to use caution. Drive to your skill level

off road driving

Started at 95 and ended on 93. busy on the weekend. Visitor center is worth a stop- nice little museum of Native American history and wildlife. Completed in a stock 4Runner 4x4 - definitely recommend 4wd- was planning on taking my 2wd Tacoma here but I’m glad I didn’t. Would’ve made it but wouldn’t be comfortable in certain parts. Also a very bumpy ride- Smooths out a little as you get into the mountains. Beware of runners/oncoming vehicles around sharp turns. I recommend higher clearance if you plan on traveling past the campground. And this part of the trail is narrow- it would suck if you get someone going the opposite direction. Next time we will stop at the campground and turn around. Still very enjoyable- peekaboo Canyon is beautiful, really a nice mix of desert and mountains.

off road driving

Trail is great washed out in few places larger rocks in center of trail but any higher clearance Jeep or truck will make it !

off road driving

Stock Toyota 4Runner no issue at all. Started from 95 and ended on 93.

off road driving

Mormon Wells Road was a beautiful drive trail conditions I would describe as light light rock beds very few obstacles lots of hiking options beautiful views can't wait to try in the snow probably a lot more interesting and exciting as far as driving conditions

off road driving

Perfect spring day trip. The road was rocky first 10 miles and then nice dirt road. Peek A Boo canyon was a nice surprise. We hiked up to a big cave, it had a great view and rock formations inside. The camp ground was well kept and had a bathroom. Great pine trees and felt like we were in a different state. Trip down the west side was steep, with runs down the washes and some great desert views. We had Jeeps and no problems with any of the road. Will do it again, loved the fact no other people were seen. Hidden gem in our desert.

off road driving

A Beautiful drive for a 4wheel drive. there are great views, camping sites, picnic sites and hiking trails. the full length took about 6 hours to traverse with some stopping. a good mix of mountain, desert and forest. fun trail.

This was an expanse of beauty the whole way.  I thoroughly enjoyed all of the scenery.  I didn't see any wildlife, but I  drove this trail on 02/24/2019.  Visiting during warmer months may yield higher chances of spotting wildlife. Trail condition and vehicle notes: My friend drove his Toyota 4Runner and I drove my 2012 Toyota Tacoma (completely stock/no mods).  We encountered plenty of mud and snow.  Neither of us used 4WD.  We were in 2WD the entire length of the trail.  I actually made it harder than it had to be I by never disengaging Traction control.  My truck has about 9.3 inches of ground clearance.  The trail is pretty easy, clearance would be the biggest issue for vehicles not designed for off-roading.

off road driving

The first 2/3rds of this drive is awesome when you come in from the west side (corn creek side). You drive through some amazing rock formations, the yucca forest, peek-a-boo canyon and make your way to the top of the ridge straddling 2 breathtaking views of the pinyon & bristlecone pines on each side of the trail. After you reach the peak, the drive loses it luster and you start to drive through open desert, which is fine, but nothing special. When I do this trail again, I will do an out and back from corn creek. 4x4 isn’t necessary, but high clearance is recommended. My friend and I had a jk 2door wrangler and a Tacoma TRD, but we did see a couple of Honda CR-V type of suvs and some that weren’t 4wd and they seemed to make it just fine.

Excellent day drive, clean camping are with 2 bathrooms. We will forsure be back to set camp.. 4WD highly recommended!! Great time!!

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Drove it yesterday, 95 to 93. Second half quite a bite of run off damage, but no problem. I do have a 3.5 lift though

Monday, July 09, 2018

Good fast trail for dirtbikes. Go South to North and you can cool off at the Loves gas station outside Vegas. Made a video riding this trail yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FECyOivluQ&t=2s

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Only went 17 miles in. My motorcycle has a small tank and I didn’t start with a full one. Will definitely come back and do the whole trail in couple of weeks. Terrain was nice, not crazy challenging (at least the first half). Must pack enough water if in a bike. It’s still a good workout!

scenic driving
Monday, May 07, 2018

The camp ground 1/2 i. is very nice. Rest rooms with no water. I think 6 spots or so. Elevation around 6500’ so nights in May are low 50s. Gorgeous trail.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Have been to the halfway point campground many times and stayed, this was only our second trip driving all the way through and found the road to be in better condition now. Great scenery and opportunities to view wildlife taking a leisurely drive. Took the Pine Nut Road spur this trip also but were not able to explore much due to a large group camped at the end of the road, a bit higher clearance needed for Pine Nut.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Very beautiful and interesting. Highly recommended. Make sure you have enough time to stop enjoying the beautiful nature. Took us 5 hours with 3 ten minutes rest breaks with our 17 Jeep GC Summit with stock tires.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Nice scenery..but make sure you have a high enough clearance vehicle...and plan to be there at a minimum of 4hrs. So worth it with the different combinations it brings...

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Was a fun trail to do. Going to do it again sometime soon. I just hope there aren't brand new "cars" out on the trail this time. And when u say cars i mean leave you Hyundai's at home.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Lots of rocks on the trail, ground clearance probably more important than 4wd because of all the rocks. Great views with a nice campground in the middle.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Nice trail with great views! Very rocky, and 4WD probably not absolutely necessary *when* the weather has been good, but 4WD definitely makes it a little easier on you and your vehicle. Took about 3 hours with a few stops including lunch at the campsite. Caught a nail or something in my tire about 7 miles from US93.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Give yourself ample time. Easy off-roading trail but lots of things to stop and see.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Awesome trail nice easy ride, and great views

Monday, March 27, 2017

So fun

Thursday, March 16, 2017

It was a fun day drive. Took about 4 hours to complete. Went during March in the dry season. Pretty rocky, which made for a bumpy ride. Had no problems in my 4Runner, didn't need 4WD once. Could see the need in rainy/snowy conditions. Made a day trip from it while staying in Vegas.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Fun drive. Stopped for lunch at camp site. Good amount of snow. Made for a fun driving experience.