McCullough Hills Trail is a 16.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 16.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,788 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This 8 mile trail connects McCullough Hills TH on the east side of the McCullough Hills with Anthem Hills Park TH on the west side. It is a dirt surfaced, wide, multi-purpose trail. The first section has good views east, and the second part has good views west including Las Vegas and Red Rock. The trail heads south from the under-construction McCullough Hills TH at the end of Mission Blvd (will have water and restrooms), crosses over the hill crest ridge at about half way, and continues west to Anthem Hills Park TH. It is very easy to follow until about mile 6.8, when a welter of official (Anthem Hills East and Bursage Loop) and unofficial trails confuses things. Head along the ridge and then the power line. The trailhead is a kiosk on McCullough Hills Parkway, not in the park as one would expect. The Anthem East Trail TH is in the park and can be used as an alternate.

Awesome cool fun

Great trail but I saw a snake while I was walking my dog and I yeeted my dog away from it so fast. So be careful for the slithery snakes .

Love this trail!! Definitely not one to do in the summer! I took a short cut! Must have amazing city light views at night!

Beautiful walk through a wash.

h Had another great time here! Clean and safe. Good for dogs, kids or just a nice day hike.

601 to solar installation

Easy trail, haven’t done all the miles yet but just about 3-4.5 miles each time. There seems to be different ways to go when you are out there.

Clearly marked, easy trail. Beautiful scenery.

Not too crowded, great views.

okay so I really really like this trail and we're totally recommend it for anybody who likes to hike but I think that it's better to go earlier in the day because it can get very hot if you go in the middle of the day in the Vegas sun or go do it during the week also it's kind of long if you have some small children or annoying teenage girls I also think that it would be good if you bring boots and not like tennis shoes and all that it would be good if instead of going at 3 a.m. you got like 5 a.m. and also I think it's you bring a lot of water and a good snack I don't think that it is possible I don't think it's possible to bring a backpack and camp because there's nowhere to really do it and I don't know if it is allowed but I'm down if anyone wants to hit me up

Great trail with nice scenery. Good for all levels. Decided to jog the end of it and ran into no issues!

Sat May 25 2019

Did about a month in a half ago. Great hike

Sun May 19 2019

Tue May 07 2019

If you're ready to have your ass handed to you by Mother Nature this hike is for you. We decided to kick it up a notch from our last hike and tried to go for the summit. We stopped early because I broke my toe but the views are amazing! The terrain is hard to handle we recommend you bring a walking stick and prepare to get stranded. There is no shade or stopping points so bring plenty of water and take your time in the heat. Watch out for tarantula hawk wasps and lizards they're everywhere. If you plan to bring your dog... I would say avoid that idea. We brought our dog Ranger who's a pit bull boxer ridgeback mix and he was having troubles with the sharp rocks and there are tons of cactus and spikes for dogs to get hurt on once you get into higher elevations. All around, it was an amazing hike but we recommend it only for experienced hikers and those looking for a good workout.

Mon May 06 2019

Tons of lizards out today! No rattlesnake encounters luckily but it was really enjoyable. Keep an eye out on the ground for some awesome crystals that tend to be in the wash/drainage areas. Look, don't take them. We cleaned up 18 pieces of trash along the way please keep trails clean.

Sat May 04 2019

Love these trails!! So many options! But be careful we ran into a massive Diamondback Rattlesnake this evening.. they will rattle to warn but be cautious!

Sun Apr 28 2019

I would recommend doing this again it was fun and peaceful, the breeze was nice but there was no shade.