Mary Jane Falls Trail

Mary Jane Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Charleston, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 990 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

cave

One of the trails at Mt Charleston. Definitely a moderate hike up hill. The path is very visible. You can't get lost. Can be very slippery in places. A few areas with shade to stop and rest if needed. Weekends are bus, but it is well worth it to see the waterfall at the end. Great trail.

1 hour ago

Lost a wedding ring up there. Looks like an “X” made of steel. It is by the rock that looks like it is nice to sit on in the grassy area.

Hit the trail early and was the only one there. Pretty good conditions but there was washout.

Recommend this trail for people looking for a dog friendly trail. At the end you get some nice views. Arriving ear helped us avoid the bigger crowds.

always busy tail. 50 min to get up.

Live Like Big Hen and get to the waterfall at the top. Stop and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful sceny along the way.

Beautiful. Worth the 0.75 miles of switchbacks which release at the top. Water flowing well, beautiful colors. Caves are spectacular. A lot of dogs on trail. Definitely would do it again. Live Like Big He

Eroded in a few places. So please stick to the actual trail! And I felt like I was dying on the way up

Everyone goes to this trail and for me, it’s a bit overrated. During the colder months it does have a waterfall; water is always a plus. It has switchbacks and isn’t too long. It’s a good hike to do once or twice. Also, this is a good one for night hiking.

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this trail, we took our dog. The trail weaves from side to side as it goes up to the top and you arrive at the water fall on the upper left hand side, just in case you lose the trail. We did part of the hike off the trail and it was a bit rocky and slippery for the 3 of us. Once we were at the top we went behind the water fall and took some cool pictures, the dog enjoyed the fresh water, and then we went to the cave. To get to the cave you just keep going past the water fall, around a corner, and up just a tiny bit. This portion up is a little slippery. Overall if you stay on the path I’d say it’s a moderate hike just a lot of upward walking.

easy quick hike. there are a lot if better hikes in the area imho

Nice hike but I definitely would not attempt in tennis shoes. It was slippery going back down even in my Merrill boots. The waterfall was small but pretty still and there is a cave just a minute or two hike afterward with beautiful views. I don't think this is a great hike for children and maybe not for dogs either.

I would say it’s easy-moderate. Very nice views!

We hiked this trail on 9-8-19. 1st tip don't park in the 1st parking lot drive futher in and park or else you will have to hike up to the beginning of the trail. Use the restroom because there is no where to find some relief anywhere do to you will be exposed to other hikers. bring walking/hiking poles the trail starts at a slight incline once you get to the switch backs. Prepare for a nice inclined hike. it gets pretty steep and there are some areas where the trail has become very narrow. Watch your step. once you've reached the 1st small caves. You are almost there just up and over the trail. its totally worth it. bring lots of water and power bars and snacks. It was a blast.

once trail if you havent hiked in a minute

Honestly I would’ve given it a five for the view at the top. But I gave it a one because of several reasons. Unlike Arizona the forestry service in Nevada does not do any service for the safety for the participants. Our service in Arizona has excellent marking for the true trail and hopes to hurt people of the false trails. Whether it’s a reflection or a yellow marker on a rock. We fell off the trail went on a false nearly feel down the whole mountain because of the lack of visualization. While we were there half of those other people got off the main trail the same way. I’ve hiked all over the nation and world and would give it a five but again through the safety content of this trail is risky at most especially around mile to 2 1/2. Summit is priceless but it’s not worth it if you were a novice or even a advanced hiker it’s not familiar with the trail.

Great trail. Second half is moderately strenuous with countless switchbacks. Trail has washed out in quite a few spots, made me a little nervous going up and down with my 5 and 7 year old. We were excited to see water in the falls at the end. One real bummer - disappointed in the amount of dog poop left right on the trail, some of it even bagged and left for who knows. Gross

not the place to go if you have never hiked before, spots are quite a bit washed out, many people seem to think straight up the washouts is a good thing.

Nice hike & grea views i did this hike with my 9 & 12 years kids lot of fun

Still a good hike. Trail is a little run down but I assume it’s been busy this summer. Pleasantly surprised to see a fair bit of water still flowing up there.

Fun hike with some steep sections but overall not too bad. Though, it is easy to get confused at the first set of switchbacks and go the wrong way, taking you up a steep incline with loose rocks.