Mary Jane Falls Trail

Mary Jane Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

One of the trails at Mt Charleston. Definitely a moderate hike up hill. The path is very visible. You can't get lost. Can be very slippery in places. A few areas with shade to stop and rest if needed. Weekends are bus, but it is well worth it to see the waterfall at the end. Great trail.

love to hike this trail with our dogs!

My first hike and it was magical! Me and my 2 friends went past the waterfall to a cave above it and could see the entire valley! I would recommend this to anyone.

Great summer hike in Vegas area

awsome

I did this hike with my husband and our labrador. Its a lovely moderate hike. I there are some areas (with the switchbacks) that it is hard to see the trail and pretty rocky, but you will not get lost. The falls are a beautiful spot to rest and enjoy the view.

I did this hike with my almost two year old. I carried her some of the way. Up by the waterfall it gets a little tricky with a little one as I didn’t want her to fall or me fall while helping her. It was a great hike though. I would do it again.

Nice little huff if wearing a babe. Would recommend using trekking poles if you’re wearing a kid carrier as there are a lot of loose rocks and can be a little treacherous on the way down.

Great exercise. I recommend going in the morning so the switchbacks are in the shade.

We loved this hike. It is definitely worth going to the top to see the caves and a very small waterfall. I think it may be longer then the 2.5 miles posted, more like 5 round trip but I didn't track it.

We enjoyed the trail but it started pouring rain on us and thundering so we ended up freezing but we would recommend it. :)

Great hike. When hiking in the fall be sure to wear a light jacket. The weather on top is delightfully chilly.

Moderate hike with a lot of solid uphill through some switchbacks. Wife and I are out of shape and the altitude and uphill required stops at the switchbacks. The last run up the falls gets into a good incline but there are steps and good trail to follow.

Payoff is a nice waterfall and some spectacular views. Totally worth the effort.

Trail is impossible to miss and easy to follow. There are some spots through the switchbacks where the trail looks eroded away and you have to be careful. Most of it looks to be caused by folks making a shortcut down the hill.

solid uphill hike, got me out of breath in a good way. nice trees and forest around. We went in July, so waterfall was little droplets of water but still! there was water! Started raining on us on the way down, with mini hail! it was a good 4 mile roundtrip hike.

One of my favorite hikes. Just the right amount of length and a good hike for the average hiker. The view at the end is worth the trip!

Great hike. During the summer the fall has little falling water. Late Spring when the snow melts, the falls are beautiful with lots of falling water!

Had a great time hiking this trail today. Lots of encouragement from those who were coming down as we went up. The last bit was a struggle, but we made it! Even checked out the cave after the falls.

I enjoyed this trail, been meaning to do it for several years. Well worth the drive as the temps were much cooler than Vegas. It was very crowded, which is understandable considering how close this is to Las Vegas. Because of this there are "shortcuts" between every switchback. This is ruining the trail. Despite my many efforts, most people choose the more difficult shortcut to the actual trail. That being said, I loved seeing so many people from so many walks of life out enjoying it.

Great hike. So according to my Fitbit, it was almost 2 miles to get to the falls and almost 2 miles to get back to the 2nd parking area. Not sure where alltrails is getting this is only 2.5 round trip. Great hike, steady incline, kicked my behind, but I really enjoyed it.

fun trail!

Nice trail. This is great for a nice hike or short work out at altitude. Weather is usually 20 degrees cooler than the city. From the trailhead parking lot, my GPS watch measured 1.84 miles to the falls, which was more of a trickle. I took every switchback on my way up. On my way down, I took a few short cuts and my watch measured 1.44 miles. Didn’t think I cut off 4 tenths of a mile though. Taking the short cuts can be slippery on the loose dirt. I saw a few people venturing a little past the falls.

nice trail. but the cave beyond is a better payoff

Vegas, easy, fun.

This is a very beautiful trail in a forest setting. You get your heart pumping on the last half. We also got to see dear on the trail!!! Surprisingly cool for it being close to Las Vegas!!!

Easy

Best fathers day ever!!! 2018. deffenetly worth the hike.

Lots of switchbacks but otherwise a great hike with some solid views.

Great moderate hike with beautiful vistas. Who knew this was an hour outside of Vegas. Just awesome!

some of the trail near the top needs to be marked better. Other than that great hike.

This is a short, wonderful little trail. Please follow hiking etiquette! People going uphill have the right away. But most importantly, don’t ‘shortcut’ the switchbacks!

This damage leads to erosion (especially when you get too ambitious and end up sliding down on your booty). Use common sense and walk on the trail.

Trail builders and maintainers do a great service. Don’t ruin their work and cause trail erosion for the rest of us. Practice good etiquette and don’t shortcut!

great little hike beautiful just wish it was longer with less people and maybe less cars during week days