Mary Jane Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

One of the trails at Mt Charleston. Definitely a moderate hike up hill. The path is very visible. You can't get lost. Can be very slippery in places. A few areas with shade to stop and rest if needed. Weekends are bus, but it is well worth it to see the waterfall at the end. Great trail.

11 minutes ago

The elevation gain when you’re starting so high up unexpectedly kicked my butt, made the switchbacks a bit more uncomfortable since it added strain to monotony, but the end of the trail was quite worth it. I did this back in July, and despite the cooler weather up in Mt Charleston, laying on the rocks was amazing. The water was little but so ice cold, it was wonderful. Beautiful scenes

Great hike, very scenic. Not too challenging. The falls at the top are beautiful.

let's just say it lives up to its name(MJ). Great hike with a waterfall at the end. the waterfall wasn't quite in season. I would definitely hike again in season.

It’s a great hike for those that enjoy height and don’t fear narrow trails. The hike to the top will be worth it!! Keep going!

The day I went there was a group of young kids smoking weed and had there dog running with no leash.

Amazing experience..was very easy and with surprise in the end. Snow in the beginning on November and waterfall!

Waterfall in The beginning of November is like a sink dribbling water lol good exercise though.

This was an excellent hike for all levels. It’s starts out with a gradual upgrade as you walk through the forest. Gorgeous views starting out. The trail does a switch back that heads off to the right that quickly became quite a bit steeper. The switchbacks made it doable. Our 10 year old daughter wasn’t thrilled about how long it was taking. She did get tired. We gave the option to turn around. Other hikers let us know we were about 15 minutes from the waterfall and cave. She then got determined to make it to the falls. We finally made it and the views were spectacular. The waterfall is trickling off of the mountain right now. Our daughter was super proud of herself for making it to the top. She climbed up a level and enjoyed sitting under the water. It was a great hike for exercise and ended with really gorgeous views. It’s always nice to be able to hike to water. We would definitely do it again. Without kids, you would get a killer workout in if that’s what you’re going for. Make sure to layer your clothing this time of year. When we left Vegas it was about 10-12 degrees warmer. It was cool up at the waterfall as the wind picked up a bit. The Temperature felt amazing as long as you could add or take off a layer. For those that may not be as stable on their feet, walking sticks would be nice. Not necessary, but helpful.

It was a pretty hike, but very crowded. The switchbacks are in pretty bad shape from erosion from people taking “short cuts”. We witnessed many people trying to be “adventurous” bypassing the switchbacks. Not only was it kicking rocks down on people, but also tearing up the earth. Show some respect. STAY ON THE TRAIL!

Arrived around 8:45 on Saturday morning and were surprised to see hardly any cars. Took us less than 2 hours and we hiked almost 4 miles at a very slow pace. We ended up not going up the switchbacks on the way up (took a left instead of a right at a fork). The trail is clearly marked at the beginning and then the blazes become non existent. Our “trail” up had a very steep grade with very loose rocks. It got us there quick but we really had to watch our steps. Cool cave to explore to the left of the 3 falls (more like trickles...but there was water!). And then we found the real trail to take back down. We did venture off it to check out a cool view and ended up on a very steep, non switchback trail for a little bit. Extremely dangerous due to the loose rocks. Parking lot was almost full when we completed our hike.

Great little training hike with a cool payoff at the end. Mid week is best to avoid crowds. It’s pretty easy hiking, stay on the trail and don’t cut the switch backs, and remember it starts at 7,800’ in elevation so pace yourself until you’re acclimated.

Great hike, don’t forget you are starting at about 7800 feet

One of my favorites on the mountain!

Great beginner’s trail. Lots of switchbacks & is a moderate incline the whole way up, but it’s very easy to go down the way back! Safe for dogs & kids. Can get crowded on weekends, but it’s worth it for the view + mini waterfall(s) at the end. My whole family does this hike every year in the spring when snow melt is high & the waterfall is POURING.

The hike itself is great but should not be listed as Light, this is definitely a moderate trail although somewhat short in length.

We also did lose the trail as it splits and we took the wrong direction bc it ended. We followed someone else who looked like they knew what they were doing - our mistake.

We didn't end up finding the waterfall, but the drive up there and the views are gorgeous. I think we got close but it was 6pm and we needed to get back before we were stuck in the dark. I'll probably try again.

Definitely loose gravel, 'stairs', steep inclines, and mixed terrain.

my fiance, her cousin, his girlfriend and my son went on this trail. beautiful views! My fiance and I didnt make it all the way, her and I got about halfway through the switchback. the rest of our group made it to the top

Relatively easy hike, just watch your footing on a few weathered parts of the trail!

Great trail, beautiful views. Only downfall was about half the hikers were maling their own path and causing rocks to slide down from above.

Whoever said you can’t get lost, hasn’t met me yet. We got lost, ended up scrambling up a rocky hillside that was nearly vertical to get back to the trail. The views were incredible! The waterfall is small but beautiful. We went early and there were still a lot of people. All in all, a beautiful hike, definitely moderate trail. We will hike it again one day but stay on the trail the next time!!

I love this hike because it is mostly moderate if you pace yourself. It does have slot of switchbacks. I love the view from the falls. It’s s great place to rest before your descend.

It’s a good trail. Switchback hell towards the end, but worth it.

Beautiful views from the falls.

Love this trail *****

Great hike....

This was a good little hike for beginners. There a lot of younger hikers on the trail witch explains the amount of graffiti and garbage left up and down the pathes. Its best to stay on the trail to maintain the integrity of the adventure. Erosion it destroying the trail dew to off trail hiking. We still enjoyed the deer, chipmunks and occasional bird. I will do this again with our young kids.

This was a very last minute decision, after driving around... exploring outside of the glamorous Vegas area. So - we didn’t have anything packed. One water bottle each and my better half even climbed the trail in flip flops (not recommended) lol He’s still pretty upset about that but overall we’re both glad we did it! Beautiful views!!

We had a fabulous time. There was quite a few people on the trail or I would’ve given this a 5 star rating. We were taking a few days off in Vegas and heard about Mt. Charleston. We didn’t have any gear at all so I did this hike in flip flops! This is an intermediate/ beginner hike. I would suggest shoes. Stay on the trail otherwise it’s pretty dangerous. We really enjoyed the big pine trees and lovely scenery. The actual trail is beautiful. We did this hike in mid summer. It was 115 degrees downtown and 74 degrees and sprinkling in the hike so it was awesome to get out of the heat. The views and the trickling water fall was all worth it. There’s perm. outhouse bathrooms, which came in handy. The restaurant and picnic area were way too jam packed to find a parking spot and stay and check it out.

This hike was definitely a challenge. I was looking for a fun activity to do as a family and oh my did we have one. I was unaware this was a moderate level hike but nonetheless an adventure. some areas are very rocky but pretty self explanatory on how to make your way up. There's some resting spots with shade but you have to be careful with the slippery gravel. My only disappointment was that after we made it way to the top the waterfall was not what I expected but the sights to see made up for it. I will return to hike here again

Really enjoyable trail. At the top there is a little bit of a cave you can climb into as well

Fun hike with a great spot to rest at the top!

Great hike definitely recommend