Mary Jane Falls Trail

Mary Jane Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

One of the trails at Mt Charleston. Definitely a moderate hike up hill. The path is very visible. You can't get lost. Can be very slippery in places. A few areas with shade to stop and rest if needed. Weekends are bus, but it is well worth it to see the waterfall at the end. Great trail.

Great trail! A little slippery in some places and you gotta watch your step near the top, but otherwise very well maintained. Very busy trail and everyone is friendly. Lots of dogs! The falls were flowing great with a little bit of ice still left.

Love this trail. Place is well kept. Kids and pet friendly. There was still water that can be seen on the end of the trail. Saw birds, chipmunks and even an eagle at this area. Will go again.

Beautiful winter day hike. This is basically a straight hike uphill. Many people had trouble making the climb. Bring water and be prepared. This time of year was just a trickle, not really falls. I can imagine the fall is beautiful in the spring.

Absolutely beautiful.

Scenic hour, plus or minus, hike. On Nov. 21st. About midway up I had my head down and actually missed a switch back and ended off trail for about 10 mins; ops!
Fun.

Really long trail but totally worth it. You see the falls at the end and can chill in a huge cave! Too bad people tagged it up. It’s beautiful.

awesome

great hike waterfalls pretty and wonderful views

One of the more popular trails in Mt. Charleston probably because of the name. If you make it up there in late spring or early summer there's a beautiful waterfall. Bring a jacket because it's all shaded at the falls. Definitely worth checking out. Unfortunately since this is one of the more popular trails it tends to be damaged from people taking short cuts off trail and leaving their trash. I have hiked this trail 3 or 4 times and been disappointed in it's upkeep. A lot of people on this trail do not have basic hiking etiquette so I'm sure it's hard to upkeep!

Nice views of the mountains, and a beautiful waterfall with cold water (in July) at the top. Beautiful pine scents. Intermediate hike on dirt trail, no rock climbing. Dog did great on the trail and enjoyed the water at the top.

We went November 25, 2017. The hike was awesome. Lots of switchbacks that help with the elevation climb. I'd say it's moderate due to elevation and there's a few tricky slippery spots. Views are amazing. The falls were just a trickle and just showed wet on the side of mountain. It would be cool to go back in the spring to see the full falls.

I thought this hike was very relaxing and the view is amazing, I loved it.

A peaceful and scenic trail. It is fairly steep in some areas but the switch backs make it manageable. The trail is pretty well marked. We went in November and it was a little chilly but felt great as we hiked up. The falls were just a little trickle when we got there but I have heard that the water flow is heavier in the spring and sometimes will be frozen. I was surprised to find the beautiful evergreens so close outside of Vegas (was about a 50 min drive from where we were staying).

a lot of switch backs , beautiful and the top

I made the mistake in trusting professional hikers as "this hike is easy"... was anything but. first your climbing a mountain using 15 switch steep backs. my son and I barely made it up the mountain. however i must say that the sight when we arrived was breathtaking. take water and light packs.

Nice trail. can be easy or moderate nearer the Falls. alot of fallen trees to sit & rest on. for all ages. beautiful senerie like being in Colorado.

started out nice got steep at the end so worth it! happy I got up there

This hike is great. I didn't expect it to be so steep! The switchbacks aren't very entertaining but makes it an easy way to the top without so much effort. The view and snow at the top made it worth it.

I love this trail. The narrow switchbacks offer some difficulty but the view from the top is worth it! My dogs enjoy this trail especially with the opportunity to cool off in the waterfalls at the top.

I would rate this trail as moderately difficult, not easy. The first half is easy, but the second half has lots of switchbacks and much steeper than the first part. In addition, the upper section is much higher in altitude which can really affect you if you are not in shape. Also, the upper part of the trail has not been well maintained, lots of washouts. But it is beautiful!