Lower Galena Creek Trail

Lower Galena Creek Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a nice walk, but is far from a “moderate” hike. There was very little incline, and for the entirety of the “hike” you find yourself looking directly into someone’s backyard, or back door. All that aside the river was beautiful and there were some great views, however if you’re looking for a hike I don’t recommend this trail.

This trail was nice quiet and cool. very few people. Saw a few deer. The biggest problem I noticed was tbe dog feces along the trail. There were plenty of bags at the trail head, I guess some just don't care.

This trail was our first choice for getting back into hiking this year and it was a good choice. It is about 2/3 shaded and well marked and maintained. This trail goes along side beautiful Galena creek and gorgeous multimillion dollar homes and was very manageable for me and my older lab who are not in optimal shape. The only downside was when we stopped for a few minutes alongside the creek, my adult son picked up a tick along the way.

Very mellow and enjoyable trail. Heavy on dog traffic. Most not on a leash. Not a bad thing just be aware of you are brining pets. The creek was very high, could be seen or heard the entire time. Durning the heavy residential area, keep an eye out for the biggest pine trees I have ever seen. Will do again in the future. Only thing that could have been better would be to have been a little bit more off the beaten path.

Beautiful hike shaded most of the way. Bring mosquito repellent we got a few bites.

The trail is pretty residential but the stream is wonderful. Keep going it gets better The farther you go.

It was a great trail. We were warned by some people walking out that they saw a bear. Just keep a look out. We did not see it.

Good trail with a nice creek and and Aspen groves near the end at Mt Rose Highway. A lot of housing around the trail is a downside. Would be a blast on a bike.

love it. great for a good morning walk.

Tried to complete this, this last weekend (25-26FEB) . It def still covered in snow. The first 1.5 miles is low enought to stomp through but is currently under 3+ feet of snow near the top 1/3 of the trail. The creek is quite beautiful right now. It's going to be a mini white water rapids in the spring. Going to hike it through to upper Galena once it thaws.

Monday, July 25, 2016

The hike is rather residential for a while, but very pretty still. Most of it is along the creek, but at one point it reaches a fork. I didn't use the tracker, so I didn't know which way to go, but I stuck right in the direction of the creek. Once I reached the fork, I didn't pass any people. It was very nice and peaceful. My dog loved playing in the creek. Most of it is shaded, so that's nice for a late start to the hike and it's very flat most of the way. Very small inclines.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

It was very nice and peaceful. My kids had lots of fun exploring.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Very nice trail. Trail runs along nice stream . Very scenic with lots of shade. Great beginner trail that's family friendly .

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to go again.

Friday, May 06, 2016

Great for running

Sunday, April 10, 2016

I thought that it was fun and a lot of going up hill beautiful sites with the water would have been better if it wasnt raining but still pretty

Monday, July 20, 2015

Beautiful trail. Keep on it up to the visitor's center, where it connects to all the major Mt. Rose trails.

Monday, July 06, 2015

great hike especially with dogs. Very dog friendly and people friendly. After you get past dry pond trail and head toward Thomas creek trail. Less traffic and very beautiful and quite.