Lost Creek Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 91 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Lovely short walk to seasonal waterfall & grotto, benches & viewing platform Although very short, this is a very pleasant hike. Almost the entire route lined with rocks so it is (almost) impossible to wander off the trail. After crossing the (normally dry) washbed, you enter the brush and vegetation. If you visit in the early spring (Mar - Apr), this area is filled with blooming Western Red Bud trees - which are brilliant fuchsia/pink and a real contrast to the other vegetation. Also, there is a band of burros which live in Willow Springs area and walk down the wash (which this trail crosses) every morning towards Icebox, and then work their way back up the wash at the end of the day -- if you go early and keep you eyes/ears open, you'll likely see the burros or hear them braying. Remember to not approach the burros and NEVER touch or feed them. There are benches and viewing platforms along this trail and interpretive signage helps visitors to be aware of what they're enjoying. Be sure and haul trash out. The waterfall is seasonal.

Easy, well maintained trail that ends in a waterfall when there’s been recent rainfall. Can get crowded.

I would recommend going during a week when it rained in Las Vegas to catch the waterfall , I went two times and the first time it didn’t rain and there was barely a trickle down the fall but the second time I went was much better because it rained the day before and there was a stream and a waterfall!

This trail was relatively easy to follow and had nice scenery. If I only had one day in the park it wouldn't be a top choice, but if looking for a relaxing hike (or another short hike to add on after doing another trail to see a different area of the park) this isn't a bad choice! Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

very heavily traveled a lot of tourists

Short walk for families. Look for petroglyphs, waterfalls, and wild burrows. For pictures and trail info at Red Rock and the surrounding area, follow me on Instagram @nathan_vanengen PS: I found dinosaur tracks

Short and easy trail to a seasonal waterfall. It was pretty small, but it will flow more in the spring. Great for kids.

fee

good quick hike. There were pieces of trash along start of trail

went again today. the waterfall was flowing.

Short and easy trail with good views.

Great easy, short hiking trail. Didn't see any waterfall. I'll have to come again during Spring time.

Went with my husband and daughter today. Even though the waterfall was dried up we still had a blast. It wasn’t too easy or too hard of a hike. Perfect if your child loves to see insects and bugs like my daughter.

Simple hike to a nice canyon, Beat the heat by starting before 8:30am

Sun Apr 28 2019

Very nice short hike but too many people

Thu Mar 28 2019

Tue Mar 26 2019

Pretty decent spot. Nice hike for everyone! I did notice a marijuana smell & I am not opposed to it, however I don't think smoking with an area filled with children is necessary.

Wed Mar 20 2019

Nice and easy little hike for all ages.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Easy hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end. We hike up and we got behind the waterfall, amazing.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Pretty waterfall at the end, but very crowded and loud.

Mon Mar 04 2019

I recommend this trail for anyone. Went with my kids and our dog. Kept our dog on the leash. There was other people on hike that had their dog but wish they would keep their dog on a leash too. The waterfall was amazing! Kids loved it and so did our dog.

Sun Mar 03 2019

We followed the stream of water off the trail and it was amazing!! It was peaceful