Lost Creek Trail

Lost Creek Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Lovely short walk to seasonal waterfall & grotto, benches & viewing platform Although very short, this is a very pleasant hike. Almost the entire route lined with rocks so it is (almost) impossible to wander off the trail. After crossing the (normally dry) washbed, you enter the brush and vegetation. If you visit in the early spring (Mar - Apr), this area is filled with blooming Western Red Bud trees - which are brilliant fuchsia/pink and a real contrast to the other vegetation. Also, there is a band of burros which live in Willow Springs area and walk down the wash (which this trail crosses) every morning towards Icebox, and then work their way back up the wash at the end of the day -- if you go early and keep you eyes/ears open, you'll likely see the burros or hear them braying. Remember to not approach the burros and NEVER touch or feed them. There are benches and viewing platforms along this trail and interpretive signage helps visitors to be aware of what they're enjoying. Be sure and haul trash out. The waterfall is seasonal.

This was a fun small walk to do at the end of the day

Trails are a little confusing, but all trails in the area are beautiful! No waterfall when we were there (January 2018) but the trees and rocks creates scenic view.

Fun little trail for kids! We hiked this trail with our 4 & 6 year old kids and they had a blast. We started off at the willow springs parking lot and then crossed at the cross walk. You have to pass through a wash and then the trail is very easy to follow. There was no waterfall at this time (November) but they still enjoyed climbing on the rocks and taking pictures. It is easy to see the trail and there are stairs made from rocks which makes it much easier for kids and inexperienced hikers to do this trail.

We ended up taking the western trailhead from the parking lot marked "Children's Discovery Trail." This trail is a bit more difficult than the Lost Creek trail to the east end of the lot. On the way out, we accidentally found the Lost Creek Trail which ended up being a shortcut and an easier hike out with a raised wooden deck pathway.

The trail dead ends in the canyon at the base some great cliffs. It's a great place.

Nice, short, kid-friendly trail. We took our baby (less than 6 months) on this trail and my husband had him in a front carrier. He was exhausted from being carried around... Ha. Just kidding. He did well. There are a few nice shaded rest-spots along the trail. You could do this trail and another one in a single day. Lots of great photo taking opportunities on this trail also! There was supposed to be some water at the end, but we didn't find any (mid-June hike). Bonus - it wasn't too crowded on a Saturday morning!

Went to red rock canyon to do calico tanks trail but it was not open due to parking lot work
So did this short and very easy walk
Took no time at all
Scenic drive in and around red rock with lots of smaller trails if you care to do several in one day
Short drive outside of Las Vegas
Area is well equipped with rest areas and bathrooms

Was a really easy trail. Good for kids too.

great easy trail for kids and beginners. my kids are 5 and 8 and loved it for each of their first hikes. The water fall at the end is really nice to cool off on a hot day. It's a really short hike total of an hour even playing at the top for a bit. highly recommend for families.

Easy, nice hike. The signage is not great, but we made our way around with the help of someone who had been there before.

Mobbed and not a peaceful experience
Even without recent rain falls were there

Friday, March 17, 2017

Always my warmup hike. Quick, easy and lovely.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Short and easy hike. I went on a late Friday morning and there were a couple of school groups, so a little crowded.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Short and sweet, the waterfall was pretty awesome.

Friday, February 10, 2017

If you want to go on a short and simple hike this is the place to go. :)

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My 8 year old loved this- plan on going back when the waterfall is there. Easy to follow and you know when you hit the end.... can't go any further.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Nice and easy

Monday, February 15, 2016

Nice short hiking trail . Little rock climbing involved so I would rate it easy-moderate. Lots to see and walk thru. Ends in grotto area with a waterfall. I really enjoyed this hike.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday, May 02, 2015

This was my first hike in Nevada.

The trail is well marked and very easy up to the boardwalk, then the trail disappears and there is some rocks that some might find challenging. The trail past the boardwalk is also slightly overgrown when I was there so eye protection is a good idea.

There was a nice overhang along the way and that area was very moist and cool, I took a rest there. The climb took its toll on some people, but others should have no problems as the overgrowth and steep, cool walls keeps the heat down and the sun off your head.

The falls were just dripping but the grotto was nice. Being the main attraction, relaxing at the “falls” is not an option but there are many places to turn off and chill.

I did not see any dogs there: this was probably due to the heavier overgrowth towards the end that could catch and tangle dog leashes.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

We are just starting out hiking and this was our first. And loved it! Lots of trails off this one to that we're fun.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Short hike with a lot of variety (and the smallest snails you'll never see!), especially when done as a loop with the Children's Discovery trail. The dead end with the falls is nice year around - cool in the summer and quite a bit of ice in some areas in the winter. There is a lot of off trail damage from people not respecting the area though - the park service is working hard to fix it with trail markers and rails - so make sure to stay on trail.

Monday, August 05, 2013

Did this short but so Great trail a few days ago and just loved it...Rock Steps to climb along the way...And lots of shade...There's even a few rocks to relax on for a snack if you bring the kids...

Friday, November 23, 2012

This was a spur of the moment, unplanned outing that was beautiful. I'm not a hiker, although I do hike but it's normally with my horse at the end of a long ride. We hiked about 3 miles of the trail and I didn't find what we did strenuous or difficult. Hiked in March and there was plenty of water in the creek.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Great short trail. Very easy to walk. Even my 6 lbs dachshund did great. Goes across 2 dry creeks and a nice boardwalk with a stream going under it. At the end is the waterfall (or trickle of water coming down). My kids spotted a cute little frog.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Very easy trail and short way to many people for me!!!

Monday, December 05, 2011

very easy walk on a strong boardwalk. lots of history, some wildlife, mostly birds, some good trails nearby that are slightly more difficult