Lone Mountain Trail

Lone Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short up and down summit ascent along a rugged but well traveled path. Located at the corner of W Lone Mountain Rd and the Bruce Woodbury Beltway / Las Vegas Beltway / 215. This is a short but impressive ranked peak. Lone Mountain along with Lone Mountain Regional Park provides a short but rewarding summit ascent along a rugged but well traveled path.

Really nice trail, clean and both kids and pet friendly. Went here twice in November with friends and another time with my 12yrs son. Both times was nice experiences. Love going early morning to enjoy the view. Worth going numerous times.

Good short hike with beautiful views. That incline is rough but well worth it. I would suggest wearing shoes with good traction as tennis shoes will slip on the gravel

Nice view of North Las Vegas and the strip.

Great trail with wonderful views. It had some good incline/decline sections that kept the walk more moderate than easy. next trip will be the summit.

It's a great trail you can do with the family.

Good workout.

Close to home, short but steep, great views of the whole city. My go to hike if I'm pressed for time.

beautiful at sunset and cool look at entire valley.

Pretty easy climb of you are decently in shape, some rocks are slippery.

beware if you have dogs or kids. Theres broken glass everywhere, we tried to be careful and our dogs paws still got cut up. So make sure your dogs have booties

Very nice summit climb right in the city. Outstanding views of the entire valley.

Perfect for beginners. This was my first hike, never hiked before, plus I'm overweight lol. First half was moderate for me. Second half was challenging but I never once thought I would not make it because i was determined. I did see and talk to a bunch of people, some did not make it.

Focus on getting to the top and you will be fine. Bring some decent hiking shoes for the way down since the steep decline might be slippery with loose gravel.

Great exercise, close to my house, friendly people, and several cool play areas for kids. There is also a track that goes around the mountain perfect for walking. I would love to climb this mountain once a week.

Nice and smooth for first timers

Had me sweating from the start to end! Overall a great hike.

great hike with my little dachshund/chihuahua girl....some hand use near the top but easy hike today.

Great Views

About 3 1/2 miles to walk the peak and around the loop.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Great short fun hike ,cool views too ,steep but rewarding .. was great way to walk off that holiday meal after visiting family ..

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Lone Mountain is a great short hike. Good exercise and a nice view. It is mostly hard volcanic rock. There is a neat concrete bench half way up. Nice view from the bench as well as the summit. There is NO shade and normally very hot but the hike is short enough you might be ok if you forget your water bottle. Most young kids can climb this. Ok for dogs too.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Hiked this mountain with my family today. It was just right as my kids are 8&11. We may hit White Rock Springs later this week for a little more technical ascent and views. Highly recommend for an afternoon workout. The drop offs are harrowing at the top so stay to the left at the summit.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fun little up and down hike. Beautiful views of Las Vegas for the effort. Lone Mountain regional park makes this a relaxing area to visit for the day.