Lone Mountain Trail

Lone Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short up and down summit ascent along a rugged but well traveled path. Located at the corner of W Lone Mountain Rd and the Bruce Woodbury Beltway / Las Vegas Beltway / 215. This is a short but impressive ranked peak. Lone Mountain along with Lone Mountain Regional Park provides a short but rewarding summit ascent along a rugged but well traveled path.

It's alright. Not the prettiest trail but definitely a great glutes workout since it's all an uphill climb, about four or five legs of the trail!

Decent hiking trail, close to the city and short drive from home, easy to moderate for kids and pets

For a newbie like me it was tough especially going up the wrong side of the mountain! LOL felt like one of those mountain goats. Was a beautiful view and a good time nonetheless

This will be my 4th time walking around the mountain in the past 2 weeks and I'm really enjoying it. It gives you a nice variety; a little incline to get the heart racing a bit. I love how you can venture off to the mountain and go as high as you'd like to go. There are many short trails on the side of the mountain you can take for walking or running, but i would recommend a light hiking shoe because there's lot's of gravel. If you will be climbing up or around the mountain beware of broken glass. There's lot's of it there. The walking path is fine, just the mountain has a lot of broken bottles.

Nice easy hike

Quick hike with nice views

Really nice trail, clean and both kids and pet friendly. Went here twice in November with friends and another time with my 12yrs son. Both times was nice experiences. Love going early morning to enjoy the view. Worth going numerous times.

Good short hike with beautiful views. That incline is rough but well worth it. I would suggest wearing shoes with good traction as tennis shoes will slip on the gravel

Nice view of North Las Vegas and the strip.

Great trail with wonderful views. It had some good incline/decline sections that kept the walk more moderate than easy. next trip will be the summit.

It's a great trail you can do with the family.

Good workout.

Close to home, short but steep, great views of the whole city. My go to hike if I'm pressed for time.

beautiful at sunset and cool look at entire valley.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pretty easy climb of you are decently in shape, some rocks are slippery.

beware if you have dogs or kids. Theres broken glass everywhere, we tried to be careful and our dogs paws still got cut up. So make sure your dogs have booties

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Very nice summit climb right in the city. Outstanding views of the entire valley.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Perfect for beginners. This was my first hike, never hiked before, plus I'm overweight lol. First half was moderate for me. Second half was challenging but I never once thought I would not make it because i was determined. I did see and talk to a bunch of people, some did not make it.

Focus on getting to the top and you will be fine. Bring some decent hiking shoes for the way down since the steep decline might be slippery with loose gravel.

Great exercise, close to my house, friendly people, and several cool play areas for kids. There is also a track that goes around the mountain perfect for walking. I would love to climb this mountain once a week.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Nice and smooth for first timers

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Had me sweating from the start to end! Overall a great hike.

Monday, February 20, 2017

great hike with my little dachshund/chihuahua girl....some hand use near the top but easy hike today.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Great Views

Sunday, January 29, 2017

About 3 1/2 miles to walk the peak and around the loop.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Great short fun hike ,cool views too ,steep but rewarding .. was great way to walk off that holiday meal after visiting family ..

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Lone Mountain is a great short hike. Good exercise and a nice view. It is mostly hard volcanic rock. There is a neat concrete bench half way up. Nice view from the bench as well as the summit. There is NO shade and normally very hot but the hike is short enough you might be ok if you forget your water bottle. Most young kids can climb this. Ok for dogs too.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Hiked this mountain with my family today. It was just right as my kids are 8&11. We may hit White Rock Springs later this week for a little more technical ascent and views. Highly recommend for an afternoon workout. The drop offs are harrowing at the top so stay to the left at the summit.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fun little up and down hike. Beautiful views of Las Vegas for the effort. Lone Mountain regional park makes this a relaxing area to visit for the day.