Lone Mountain Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Too many joggers, bicycles & dog walkers...would be cool if it was really designated for horses, as we have so few here in Vegas. Nicely maintained though & when its fairly empty its a lot of fun to lope around the mountain. Crossing the street is scary because no one slows down so if you can park and go up its much easier on your horse & you!

My kids enjoy the walk and then the picnic at the park

Oh Lone Mountain how I used to love you. Lets see where do I start? Its a good workout to walk or jog. Dog owners refuse to pick up their dogs poo even though there’s multiple cans and baggie stations. How about the refusal to leash their dogs so they may break your stride and run up on you. If you’re terrified of pooches or allergic don’t come to this trail. Yep there’s multiple signs asking owners to leash their dogs.

Here’s my favorite part, make sure you double check everything. Had my wallet stolen out of my truck. Good luck.

A big rock with a running/walking path going around it next to the freeway. no vegetation. not impressed.

Awesome trail with amazing views !!!
Easy and accessible for everyone.

Love the trail, I seen a whole diverse crowd go up and down the trail. I and girlfriend had a blast started at 5:30 to catch the sunrise at 6:13am. There seemed to be 3 tiers. The first tier was lovely. Place to rest and meditate also they provide a bench. And then it gets a bit steep. Very manageable. We spent over hours there. Weather starting out was 72 degrees left at 90 degrees. For Vegas that’s beautiful weather. I would recommend this trail to anyone.
anyone with a handicap or going through rehabilitation from surgery it will be a challenge but very manageable.

Nice easy hike. Good for people who are trail runners. The trail can have high traffic, since it's a popular one.

I live minutes away so I’ve gotten a chance to hike this trail numerous times. I love it. It’s not too close to the city, but not too far either. You get an amazing view of Las Vegas and it’s a fairly easy trail. There’s a trail that faces the city, which is a more inclined trail and will have you out of breathe for a minute. But not anything too bad. The trail on the other side is perfect if you want an easy and fast trail. There is also the actually Lone Mountain Park which is right there. It’s a nice park, not too crowded, has a basketball courts, playgrounds, and a large grass area and walking/biking trail. I absolutely love Lone Mountain.

Súper súper nice walk. For my fiancé and I

Short and fun. No shade. Go early and finish in time to run thru park sprinklers.

Intense little trail but offers good views of the city.

Nice trail. Good view at the top.

Quick and easy trail. There's definitely a climb to the top, but anyone can make it. My corgi had no problem going up.
April 9, 2018.

Kid Friendly

Great trail for a quick hike! Dog friendly and great trail to start your kiddos on before moving on to longer / more difficult hikes.

great trail for a stroll for family and dogs. 3.2 miles with lots of fresh air and beauty to enjoy, so put on a headset, listen to your favorite music and stroll.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

A nice 40-45 diversion to unwind right in the Las Vegas Valley. Very dog- and horse-friendly.

Friday, December 01, 2017

the crushed rock track around the base of the mountain allows you to stretch out and run like you are on the road. the path up and down the mountain is fun and pretty technical.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

I had an amazing run on this mountain it’s very relaxing too, I recommend.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Very rocky but wow the incline is nice!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Beautiful view of the city

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Crowded on Saturday.

Friday, October 20, 2017

I love it I took the up the mountain trail is a workout.. nice..

Sunday, October 08, 2017

It's a good one. More moderate for me though...

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Doesn’t seem like 3.3 miles

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Going around the mountain was fairly easy, but once you start hiking up the steep mountain to the summit is were you get a bit challenged.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Great for dogs!

Monday, May 15, 2017

nice Trail for an early-morning stroll or a late-afternoon walkabout. When I make it more intense? Take the trail to the top of the Lone Mountain. Beautiful views.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Great view , steep but awesome, little slippery coming down gravel areas.