Landmine Loop is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blue Diamond, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from September until May.

Distance: 7.7 miles Elevation Gain: 675 feet Route Type: Loop

Suprised by all of the 5 star reviews. In my mind 5 stars means at least two standard deviations above the norm or greater than 95% of all other trails. Is this trail better than 95% of all other trails? Not in my opinion. This trail is pleasant but average.

Parked at the bike shop and started this trail counter clockwise. The first 3 miles kicked my butt. Mostly an uphill battle and very rocky. The downhill section going back into town is super fun and rewarding. Would go back for sure.

It was nice seeing the mountains in the background and the different plant life. The scenery is roughly the same throughout the whole trail.

Beautiful run, trail, areas of rocky scramble, soft dirt, rolling hills.

Park at McGhies’s and follow Cottonwood Dr up to Cerrito St to gain access to the trail. You can also head down to the fire station for the other entry. Nice hike about 8 miles and 600 ft elevation gain. Lots of areas with up, down and flat to mix it up. At about the 6.5 mile mark, there was a lot of trash which looks like folks are using as a dump site ☹️. Post hike/ride, reward yourself with lunch and a craft beer at Cottonwood Station!

Sun Nov 25 2018

This is an easy hike and a perfect hike for beginners. You can park at a bike shop and have breakfast at Cottonwood Station. A little bit on the expensive side but great food. There is a ton of wildlife on the trail and the trail access to many other trails.

Mon Aug 20 2018

That was one hot ride! Hit the trail by 6:30AM / 85 degrees and completed the trail at 9:30AM / 91 degrees. Was in Vegas for my nephews wedding. I’m not a gambler so I went mountain biking. The colors were beautiful! I didn’t really think I was going to enjoy it. Glad I gave it a shot. Made props to all of you desert mountain bikers! A lot of the trail was lose rock. I’ve riding on it plenty of times on sections in Colorado. But it’s usually not 85% of the trail. Now I’ve got the bug to go back. Next time I think I’ll try to find a trail around the Valley of Fire. Happy Riding!

Mon May 14 2018

Thoroughly enjoyable and easy A bit difficult to find the start of the trail or maybe I’m just stupid! Parking was also a pain. Please be careful - the heat even in the morning is overbearing at points. Take plenty of water and sunscreen.

recorded Recording - Dec 09, 2:04 PM