Lam Watah Nature Trail to Nevada Beach

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(231)
Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit

Lam Watah Nature Trail to Nevada Beach is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stateline, Nevada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

partially paved

Solid little walk only part is at the start make sure you walk the sealed path by side of road to the bridge as the other area is muddy still

Nice and easy winter hike! The view of the lake at the end was so beautiful and the trail was really flat.

Easy to get to off the main road in Tahoe. Frozen pond along trail right now. Much of the water from the pond has overflowed in to the trail. I recommend walking on the sidewalk until you bypass the flooded area.

icy

icy

Nice easy walk even in the winter. Great trail for walking the dog. There are a few icy sections right now but, they’re easy to bypass

Easy hike/walk with a great view of the lake at the beach!

Really enjoyed the hike. I got a little lost because the north part of the trail is not marked. I had bad GPS reception for most of the trip. but with a little common sense it's not hard to get back on track.

Was really muddy and washed out when I went.

first part of the upper trail was very wet found a cut through after the first bridge to the high area well worth the walk out to the beach

Parking, bathrooms, doggie bags, and great walk with dog beach at the end!

Great trail unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people that don’t pick up after their dogs. After a couple hundred yards trail got better Maybe they need to close it to dogs for awhile

This is a great trail for beginners or families who want to get to the lake. Go on the higher trail and climb through a bunch of big boulders and some shade. The trail ends in a camp ground with easy access to the beach with a lot of dogs. We spent the afternoon playing in the water then walked back the pavement which was easy access back to my car.

Very different scenery from other hikes in area. Lavender field is beautiful.

Nice trail. Easy to navigate and can be shortened or lengthened by taking off shoot trails. View from the beach is really pretty.

Beginner here. Trail was very nice. Great view of the lake. Got off the trail a few times. Had to pay attention to where I was going trail was not clearly marked as I thought for a beginner.

Great little hike for our family. Part of the trail was muddy with water runoff, but was navigable.

One of our favorites. Walked through the meadow to Nevada Beach, down the beach and up around the hill to Round Hills Pine Beach. had our choice of paved and unpaved paths. we added to original hike and did just over 5 miles.

Spent a night at Harrah’s casino for a night. This was a GREAT escape from the busy casino area. I walked to this trail from the casino since I didn’t have a car. This trail was a LOVELY & refreshing escape from the hustle & bustle. You can make the trail shorter by taking the dirt path about 1/3 of the way in, or lengthen it by taking the paved trail which leads to the campgrounds. I took the pathed trail which looped me up above the campground. I walked south along Nevada Beach enjoying the scenery and then caught the dirt trail back. All in all my Fitbit reported 4.1 miles round trip from Harrah’s.

This trail breaks off into several off trail hikes. Adds to the original trail miles. Beautiful scenery and you have a stop at the lake. Can’t complain.

Great for a light hike with a little sweat. One hill for maybe 300-400 yards on an even path. Nice forest, meadow and lake views.

Mon May 20 2019

Took my boyfriend and our cattle dog. Snowed a bit off and on but the trails were clear and we had a great time exploring along the bike trails. The dog friendly part of the beach is small but worth the hike I would say. Also crossed paths with super friendly dog owners!

Great trail with my dogs except for all the dogs off leash on the beach. Don’t bring dogs unless they are super dog friendly. Mine are not, so no relaxing for me.

Really pleasant in mid May. Not too crowded and a variety of landscapes - forests, meadows, and beach. Lots of dogs.

Nice easy trail with access to the Lake for a pup.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Sat Feb 23 2019

Great place to snowshoe right in Stateline. Trail leads you through a beautiful meadow and forest & ends beach front on the Lake, however it’s a nasty cesspool of dog crap. I can believe theres so many irresponsible dog owners in one place.