Lake Mead Bluff Trail

Lake Mead Bluff Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 255 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good beginner trail Well mark Easy and fast access from the main road Very nice views

great trail!

I loved this hike !!!! It’s is dog and kid friendly, but I wouldn’t call it super easy. Somewhere between easy and moderate . I wouldn’t recommend taking small kids who have a tendency to wander due to the cliffs. Great view of river /wash.

Nice beginner trail. Great for families with young kids. Some river views.

Finding parking and the trail head were not straight forward. Just before approaching the camping area there is parking for a few cars on the right where the trail kiosk is. Follow directions to the amphitheater to find the trail head. From there the trail is easy to follow along the bluffs above Las Vegas Creek. Lots of rocks- black at first then rusty brown. Nice views of the riparian valley below as well as Lake Mead in the distance.

This was a very easy walk on a well marked trail. I would recommend this hike for beginners or possibly the elderly. If I was camping at the camp site I would walk this trail. Otherwise there are better destination trails in the area.

The hike was good. But, did not anticipated to pay $25 entry fee!!!! Great little hike, pretty easy going up hill to the top of the mountain.You could see Lake Mead.

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Beautiful trail, rock path was a plus.

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Love this trail! Clear path, beautiful scenery, views of Lake, balance of rocky and smooth terrain.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

this is definitely a simpler trail to walk and is about 2.5 miles round trip. we had our 3 year old son and our 1 year old German Shepherd with us. We completed the hike in about an hour and a half. the trail is nicely marked out and is nice to walk :) we will do this trail again. it was nice we had our park pass too to save us from paying the 20$ entrance fee (which is good for 7 days).

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

$20 entry fee into Lake Mead Recreation Area. Park at campground info signs right as you enter the campground. We passed two people on our hike along the river. It was easy, quiet and a beautiful sunny winter day. I would not recommend this in the heat as there is no shade.

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Just got back from hiking the Bluffs Trail. I give it a 3 star rating only because it's an easy, out and back hike with decent views. There's nothing difficult about this trail, so it's great for kids, walking the dog, etc. I did like that there was no one else on the trail on a Sunday late morning/early afternoon. For that reason I'd give it a 4th star. (NOTE: I'm a 49yr old avid hiker in great shape; I went here to take my dog for a short hike -- she's a short dog ;)

Monday, November 06, 2017

Nice trail, great to take people who have never been hiking or out of town guests. Will give them a taste of what it’s all about. Took my dogs off leash. They enjoyed it too.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Parking is at the campground, nice view and pretty well maintained trail. A few parts looked a little washed out but you can still walk through fine.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Nice views and easy. No other hikers on Trail.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Good hike, but the elevation data on here is incorrect. According to my fitness tracker, it was 294'.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

very easy. pick up the trail at lake las Vegas campground site #72 park near restroom clearly marked most of the way you'll know when you're at the end. the last steps a doozie in the Lake Mead national park. may have to pay $20 entry fee

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Easy and very enjoyable?

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It is a nice easy trail with beautiful views. Boulders line the trail. Since it is a national park be sure to bring $10 cash for the week or a year pass which is $80. Happy hiking!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This brief hike, near the west entrance of the Lake Mead recreation area, is not much more than a quick diversion. It is not as scenic as the description may lead you to believe, though it may be moreso in the fall or winter when the water level is higher. The altitude changes are very moderate and the meandering trail arrives at the turnaround knoll before you've even worked up much of a sweat. The trail is very well-marked and does have some nice overlook opportunities if you veer a bit. Be careful about temperatures though, as it is an exposed trail in a very hot area. Seems like a good hike for someone already in Lake Mead for another reason, but not a destination activity at all. Estimated hike time is probably about 45 minutes for the 1.9 mile round-trip.

recorded Lake Mead Bluff Trail