Lagomarsino Canyon Trail

Lagomarsino Canyon Trail is a 9.9 mile out and back trail located near Sparks, Nevada that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

historic site

scenic driving

Has anybody been up this trail lately? I’ve looked at all the reviews and the previous recordings and it looks like everyone has taken the creek bed off to the left of the concrete/quarry entrance, however the local sheriff informed me not to go that route since it is through private land. He did say that I could take the road off to the right and go that way, but it seemed to have a lot of uneven terrain. Any suggestions?!? Thanks!

Im not sure I would consider this a moderate trail but it was an amazing canyon hike! The trail can be a little difficult to find at times but a great adventure finding your way through. Bring plenty of water or a filter with you because it's long and hot. The stream was flowing but I do not know if it's seasonal. Such a cool little spot just outside of town. Petroglyphs at the end!

Very good canyon hike, for the most part there isn't really a trail. Still a nice hike up a beautiful canyon none the less, well worth the effort. Saw a lot of horses as well.

This is a cool little hike through a high desert canyon. I went after it snowed so it was very hard to follow any actual trail there might have been. I only made it about half way through before I decided to turn back since it was just tiring trudging through the snow. It's a cool canyon though and I'll be going back for sure to check it out when there is no snow on the ground. It was nice and peaceful and I had the entire place to myself

Difficult in the winter but beautiful! There is a lot of back and forth across the creek, mud, ice, great hieroglyphs at the end, but the trail is not clearly marked. Lots of thick trees and bushes to navigate through too. Seemed longer than 9.9 miles round trip. I️ recorded 12 miles, probably because of the back and forth across the creek and the trail not being clearly marked. Hiked much faster on the way back. Very slow hike on the way up to the hieroglyphs.

See attached photos.

Certainly not a state park trail. No nice clear path to follow, nor signs. Scuttling over rocks, back and forth across the stream trying to find the easiest path through the fallen trees. No Verizon reception, when I do it again, I'll have the pro version. Gorgeous rock walls and scenery. Open cattle range and wild mustang territory, so lots of scat.

So this trail isn’t really a trail. It may have been once upon a time, but now most of the hike is in the creek bed.

Also, it looks like this canyon can have a ton of water in it, so be careful of that if it’s storming.

The petroglyphs are cool, though.

was a great trail but the wet winter flooded it out. the petroglyphs are amazing and totally worth the hike.

Moderate, for who? Dry creek with multiple size rocks. Trail, very difficult traverse.

Sunday, October 26, 2014