Lagomarsino Canyon Trail

Lagomarsino Canyon Trail is a 9.9 mile out and back trail located near Sparks, Nevada that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

historic site

This is a cool little hike through a high desert canyon. I went after it snowed so it was very hard to follow any actual trail there might have been. I only made it about half way through before I decided to turn back since it was just tiring trudging through the snow. It's a cool canyon though and I'll be going back for sure to check it out when there is no snow on the ground. It was nice and peaceful and I had the entire place to myself

Difficult in the winter but beautiful! There is a lot of back and forth across the creek, mud, ice, great hieroglyphs at the end, but the trail is not clearly marked. Lots of thick trees and bushes to navigate through too. Seemed longer than 9.9 miles round trip. I️ recorded 12 miles, probably because of the back and forth across the creek and the trail not being clearly marked. Hiked much faster on the way back. Very slow hike on the way up to the hieroglyphs.

See attached photos.

Certainly not a state park trail. No nice clear path to follow, nor signs. Scuttling over rocks, back and forth across the stream trying to find the easiest path through the fallen trees. No Verizon reception, when I do it again, I'll have the pro version. Gorgeous rock walls and scenery. Open cattle range and wild mustang territory, so lots of scat.

So this trail isn’t really a trail. It may have been once upon a time, but now most of the hike is in the creek bed.

Also, it looks like this canyon can have a ton of water in it, so be careful of that if it’s storming.

The petroglyphs are cool, though.

was a great trail but the wet winter flooded it out. the petroglyphs are amazing and totally worth the hike.

Moderate, for who? Dry creek with multiple size rocks. Trail, very difficult traverse.

Sunday, October 26, 2014