La Madre Springs Trail

La Madre Springs Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn west onto a trail. Automobiles are along on the trail. Continue until Willow spring parking lot.

Amazing views of a forest (and creek at the very top) surrounded by a variety of epic layered rock formations

Fun Xmas hike with 9 year olds

Very nice hike. Lovely spring at the end. Lots of side trails

First part is on rocky road used by off-road vehicles. Decent incline to the spring. Views aren't extremely remarkable, but there were some pretty views of the back side of the Red Rock mountains. The spring was a little underwhelming. Didn't make it up to the old mining house further up Fromm the spring....wish we had. Dog did great on the trail. Wasn't very busy at all early on a Saturday morning.

Decent incline, not too strenuous, a bit on the dull side but the views near the end are really great. Lots of cars/jeeps on this trail.

Kind of away from most of the busier trails in Red Rock with lots of other small trails to venture off on. Not really very difficult with a gravel path the whole way really

Definitely more of a moderate than easy hike, but maybe that was just me. Not much shade at the beginning of the trail. Once you cross the creek, the trail is a little overgrown and slightly harder to follow. There's a few steep parts at the end. My friend and I went down the wrong path a few times but eventually we found the tiny waterfall at the end! A staff member at the visitor center told us that if you go there early enough, you might see some wildlife. We didn't see any, but maybe I'll come back to try again.

This was my first hike ever. 31 and getting out more. I loved it, Maybe a little farther past " the end " the springs open up more, we found a little water creek, but my assumption was this time of year it's not as active. Beautiful though.

Pretty hike, lots of deer, but the name is a bit deceiving. Not sure the trail actually goes all the way to any springs. Someone mentioned a small dam had been put in at some point farther up. Was nice to check it off the list tho. Red Rock is gorgeous!!

Moderate hike for a beginner like myself with a steady incline. Not much water in the springs this time of year but scenery was pleasant.

Was worth the hike. A little bit more difficult than most "easy" hikes ranked on here. The beautiful spring was worth it.

Nice hike. The loose stones made it tough on ankles in spots. Loved the flowers--thanks rain!

best one around

Beautiful trail, very peaceful. Loved it!

This was a very simple, easy trail. The view there and back is what you should look forward to. It leads you to a small creek, in the winter at least. There was a steady incline there and I did break a sweat and had slightly heavier breathing. The path there is mostly rocks and dirt. We went on a nice winter day in January. The weather was low 60s so in the shade we were cold but when we were moving or in the sun it was hot. Anyone can do this hike, if you have low cardiovascular endurance just don't be afraid to stop and catch your breath and drink water. Enjoy!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Trail wasn't bad at all, must go in the morning if you're looking to catch a big horn. I saw 8 mule deer but I'm from PA so not that exciting haha very peaceful hike and gives you the feeling that you're away from the main drive

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The first part of the trail is a steady incline to the little spring. The stream had more water than I thought and once we hit it, we followed it off trail and found some amazing plants, frogs, and frog eggs. It was cooler by the spring so it was beautiful, even in the 90 degrees and heat of the May sun. I would love to hit this trail in the fall so I could explore even more of the stream into the hills.

Friday, January 29, 2016

We love Red Rocks for a winter hike.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

For a gorgeous area this hike falls short... mostly man made rock path. Nice views but straight path with no real interesting characteristics. The only hike at Red Rock we have done so far that we would not repeat.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

I thought this trail is boring. Half the trail it was just man made rocks to give hikers a trail. Thought the spring would be cool but you can barely call it is a spring. Very disappointing trail.