La Madre Springs Trail

La Madre Springs Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn west onto a trail. Automobiles are along on the trail. Continue until Willow spring parking lot.

Beautiful trail, very peaceful. Loved it!

This was a very simple, easy trail. The view there and back is what you should look forward to. It leads you to a small creek, in the winter at least. There was a steady incline there and I did break a sweat and had slightly heavier breathing. The path there is mostly rocks and dirt. We went on a nice winter day in January. The weather was low 60s so in the shade we were cold but when we were moving or in the sun it was hot. Anyone can do this hike, if you have low cardiovascular endurance just don't be afraid to stop and catch your breath and drink water. Enjoy!

Trail wasn't bad at all, must go in the morning if you're looking to catch a big horn. I saw 8 mule deer but I'm from PA so not that exciting haha very peaceful hike and gives you the feeling that you're away from the main drive

The first part of the trail is a steady incline to the little spring. The stream had more water than I thought and once we hit it, we followed it off trail and found some amazing plants, frogs, and frog eggs. It was cooler by the spring so it was beautiful, even in the 90 degrees and heat of the May sun. I would love to hit this trail in the fall so I could explore even more of the stream into the hills.

We love Red Rocks for a winter hike.