Kraft Mountain Loop Trail

Kraft Mountain Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Backcountry route to the summit of Kraft Mountain, alternate exits exist for this rugged mountain peak. As temperatures cool into the double digits exploring the rugged hillsides of Red Rock Canyon is an outdoor adventure everyone should take to full advantage. Kraft Mountain sits on the eastern edge of Red Rock Canyon. This backcountry route reaches the summit of Kraft Mountain. Several alternate exits exist for this mountain peak.

This is my favorite, short hike when I don't have all day. It combines the right amount of scramble, hiking and trail running! And not to mention the views are wonderful :-)

I believe there are a couple of different trails getting lumped under this description. The 3.xx mile trail turns out of gateway canyon right where it opens up after meadowlark lemon and tailpipe (climbers will recognize those two boulder problems) and crosses the hell hill trail through the kraft mountain saddle. The 4.xx mi track some have recorded skips the turn into the saddle and continues (if you started hiking east) and connects behind kraft mountain to Ash Canyon where it then gets pretty technical. Lots of scooting and scrambling down the Ash Canyon wash and probably not ideal for kids or dogs. That said it is an incredibly varied hike with open desert, wash scrambling and meandering trails through the kraft boulderfield. Highly recommended.

Challenging and fun hike. I started to the right and came down the steep part. the trail is not really marked just follows the natural wash for the most part. Do not bring dogs or kids. I am 5'3" and some of the boulder scrambles I was just able to do with my height. This trail rewards with scenery and some upper body work out.

I just started hiking this year and fell in love with this trail! However I just wanted to clarify on something. The trail listed on this site in completely different than the one on the national park sign when you walk in.

The comments on here really confused us because half of them said children and dogs can complete this no problem and the other half said it is very difficult and do not bring your dog.

The trail on here is advising you to actually hike up the mountain and climb, which requires much skill level. The hike the national park map lists is for an actual mapped trail around the mountain.

We ended up following the trail on this app and ended up way too far in over our heads and we turned back down the mountain as the next comments about the trail ahead advised needing class 4 skills. We were definitely not prepared. The trail is beautiful and I captured an amazing photo as we almost hit the top of the mountain, however THIS TRAIL REQUIRES A HIGH SKILL SET. It is also, NOT the one listed on the map when you start and you should NOT bring your dog or a child.

This is our "go to" hike! It's fairly easy, and more exciting if you start to your right. Going left you go straight up and then everything else is down. It's great because you don't need to go into Red Rock and drive the entire loop to get out. The rocks are stunnng. You can challenge yourself more by climbing into the red rock and exploring. We hike this frequently, don't bring your dog. There are several high drops and climbs that would make it tough for your pup. A great hike if you don't want to deal with the traffic in Red Rock.

This is one of my favorite hikes.

Great hike! We had a German Shepard with us and started to the left up the mountain. About halfway, there is a 15 foot bouldering drop that our dog could not get down get down. I would suggest staring to the right with a dog as they may be able to trek up. Another dog we encountered (collie) started that way and did fine.