Kraft Mountain Loop Trail

Kraft Mountain Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Backcountry route to the summit of Kraft Mountain, alternate exits exist for this rugged mountain peak. As temperatures cool into the double digits exploring the rugged hillsides of Red Rock Canyon is an outdoor adventure everyone should take to full advantage. Kraft Mountain sits on the eastern edge of Red Rock Canyon. This backcountry route reaches the summit of Kraft Mountain. Several alternate exits exist for this mountain peak.

13 minutes ago

Great place to hike. There was another trail down by the river bed and it’s much more challenging than the man made trail(though this trail is not ideal for kids)! Overall, we enjoyed the hike.

Great trail! Only thing is don’t miss the exit which isn’t marked or you’ll have to boulder down a cliff which I enjoyed more and so did my dog. He’s a pro climber though.

It’s a great short hike with classic red rock views. I wouldn’t categorize as difficult. There is a bit of scrambling but it’s not that challenging if you’re a little agile. Don’t take your grandma, but you don’t need special skills either. I’d suggest doing this loop starting on the left of the mountain. A little more uphill at first (which I liked) and much easier to stay on trail from that direction I’ve found.

This is my favorite, short hike when I don't have all day. It combines the right amount of scramble, hiking and trail running! And not to mention the views are wonderful :-)

I believe there are a couple of different trails getting lumped under this description. The 3.xx mile trail turns out of gateway canyon right where it opens up after meadowlark lemon and tailpipe (climbers will recognize those two boulder problems) and crosses the hell hill trail through the kraft mountain saddle. The 4.xx mi track some have recorded skips the turn into the saddle and continues (if you started hiking east) and connects behind kraft mountain to Ash Canyon where it then gets pretty technical. Lots of scooting and scrambling down the Ash Canyon wash and probably not ideal for kids or dogs. That said it is an incredibly varied hike with open desert, wash scrambling and meandering trails through the kraft boulderfield. Highly recommended.

Challenging and fun hike. I started to the right and came down the steep part. the trail is not really marked just follows the natural wash for the most part. Do not bring dogs or kids. I am 5'3" and some of the boulder scrambles I was just able to do with my height. This trail rewards with scenery and some upper body work out.