Kraft Mountain Loop Trail

Kraft Mountain Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Backcountry route to the summit of Kraft Mountain, alternate exits exist for this rugged mountain peak. As temperatures cool into the double digits exploring the rugged hillsides of Red Rock Canyon is an outdoor adventure everyone should take to full advantage. Kraft Mountain sits on the eastern edge of Red Rock Canyon. This backcountry route reaches the summit of Kraft Mountain. Several alternate exits exist for this mountain peak.

Hiked this trail yesterday. So beautiful. Some parts are very for anyone who isn't willing to climb a little or jump/shimmy down a ~12 foot drop. Great workout and even better views! About a 20 minute drive from Vegas.

Hard is right! And beautiful

excellent scenery . got a little lost and went briefly off trail but found the main trail easily . lots of unique sand stone

Awesome walk. Fairly challenging. Not much water when we went in mid march

The trail is decent and easily navigated. The traffic is mostly people scrambling the large boulders at the base of the peak. The 4th star is for the slight difficulty of a few spots climbing to the top of the peak. It's a very peaceful hike and climb except for the helicopters flying by low every 10 minutes or so.
But well worth the hike. I recommend this trail to everyone.

We loved this trail. I went with my wife and 3 kids, 12, 11, and 3 at the time. The 3 year old was a trooper, but needed carrying on my shoulders about half the trail. Beautiful scenery, fun rock scrambling, a very enjoyable hike.

Hiked this with my approach shoes so I could do some scrambling, super fun! I went to the west first (left at the trailhead sign) and I think I'd do it that way again. Stunning rock, a journey through time. Saw a red tailed hawk, spotted Towhees, and some lizards. Definitely populated (Saturday) but no one was smoking or flying drones, and only one dbag had speakers going, so I didn't mind the folks I passed.

Love it

Wow!!! What an amazing trail!! We droned it, took tons of pictures, ran some (over two miles), climbed alot, jumped over water, meandered between rocks, hiked on an steep incline and got lost a bit for 6.45 miles. All in all we beyond loved it!!!! A definite must do. Happy Hiking folks!!!

Definitely one of my best hikes in Vegas. rock hoping and climbing but beautiful waterfalls, pools, and creek along the way. try this hike you won't regret it. my little dachshund/chihuahua mix did this hike with me, she loved it and kept up even on the climbs....