Kraft Mountain Loop

Kraft Mountain Loop is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike but if you don’t have this app it’s not marked well and you could get off trail pretty easily. Also some of the rock climbing may be hard for some folks.,

Great hike. The sandstone rock formations are stunning. Took us a bit under 2 hours to complete the loop going in the counter clockwise direction.

Great hike. Trail included boulders, rocks, gravel and sand. It was fun climbing up and around boulders. We went counter clockwise and I think that was would be my preference again for sure. Beautiful area. Many rock climbers too. Great time overall!

Fun trail! I loved the route finding through the narrow wash with large boulders. Beautiful trail - go in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds.

This is such a great hike and I definitely recommend it! The east side of the trail (which is called Gateway Canyon) is the wash side with boulders that you have to climb over and has a gradual incline. The west side of the trail (called Kraft Mountain Tail) is a little steeper with no boulders and goes straight up into the mountain. We started on the trail heading east, so we went up the wash. Which I know sounds worse than going down it, but it was so much easier to climb up the boulders and rocks than trying to jump down them. This trail is dog friendly, but if you have a dog that is not good at climbing, a little scared or you cannot pick up I would not bring them. If you do have a dog I would recommend starting going east (up the wash) as it was easier to push/pull them over the rocks if they do get stuck. We had an 85lb boxer (a little out of shape) and even though we made it, I don’t think we would bring him next time (not a great hike for larger dogs). Took us a little under 3 hours, but had to stop 3-4 times to get the dog over the boulders.

Also, Kraft Mountain Loop and Gateway Canyon Loop Trail are the same trail. Happy Hiking! :)

Love this trail. Very much suggest doing it counterclockwise. Assent is much more gradual in that direction.

Beautiful and unique layered rocks. Nice rock scrambles.