Kings Canyon Waterfall is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carson City, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Out & Back

A beautiful hike only matched by the beauty of the waterfall.

Really short hike, this waterfall is beautiful. There’s another trail to the upper waterfall which is okay but not as nice as this one.

Beautiful waterfall, very short hike. Fun for all ages and fun for a picnic with friends, family, or a nice day alone with nature.

This hike was short and easy to get to the beautiful waterfall.

Short and easy with a beautiful ending! Perfect little hike for children. Took my 12,6, and 5 year old with me.

Super short, took us 7 minutes to get to the top. Gorgeous waterfall and beautiful mountains.

great little hike - kids loved it

Great hike for kids!

Nice short hike. Pretty scenery.

A great little escape that is close to town.

icy

Icy at the fall. Otherwise quick, Easy and pretty

Great little jaunt to the waterfall! Dogs loved the waterfall!

Beautiful hike. I'm so glad I took this spontaneous hike. It has a slight incline and it's narrow at some parts but it was a pretty easy hike. The waterfalls are gorgeous and the hike was worth it to see it.

It says moderate, but this one definitely goes under easy, a slight elevation and narrow but easy. I would call it a walk more than a hike, but it's worth it. definitely a hidden gem out here in the high desert. Great for kids. It's like a little oasis pocket at the end.

Hiked this on 7-4-2019. Pretty busy today. We did this one last year on the 4th. It's short and fairly easy. Some of our group thought it was a little "steep". But it's so short! And the waterfall is so worth it!

Nice short hike for little ones. Very easy and the waterfall is very pretty. It is part of the municipal water for the area...I ask that people respect that and not allow garbage into it. Our son loved it and really enjoyed the feeling of accomplishing the hike.

Very easy hike to the waterfall. Definitely good to take kids. Ig your feeling Luke tou want to do more while tour there you can do some rock climbing odd to the side. Signs saying the water is drinkable.

Easy, fast, pretty hike with a nice smaller waterfall reward at the end. You can continue onto a fire road... but that’s not this trail, so just go with the first sentence.

GORGEOUS!! All around great picture captures. Easy hike up to the 3 waterfalls and a nice refreshing break from the sun.

Great hike.. Too hot for dogs... Please leave them at home in the summer.

nice short trail. gets the kids heart pumping just enough. the trail does get a little narrow towards the top so keep a close eye on those little feet.

I decided to start with an easy hike this season. (May 4th) Short hike from parking lot. Heavy foot traffic, families, dogs, etc at the bottom of waterfall. Decided to hike the switchbacks to the top of the waterfall. Encountered a very large rattlesnake on my descent. Too close for my comfort! Almost stepped directly on it! It was coiled and not rattling, camouflaged next to a rock on the dusty path. Nice view of Carson City

i hike this trail a lot with my twins. It's a bit of a climb for people that don't hike, but we find it an easy hike with beautiful views. The trail is narrow so watch out for others.

Nice hike. Brief 10 minutes to the waterfall. We added some of the loop trail for views back to Carson. Lupines blooming.

My family and I regularly enjoy this hike with our dog. A pretty easy hike up to the falls with a few narrow bits. Large shaded area under the falls with plenty of places to cool down with a nice soak.

Tue May 14 2019

This was my first hike anywhere out West. I loved the view of Carson City and the waterfall was bigger than I expected! We went around 6pm on a Tuesday night and only passed a couple of other people on the trail going in and out. We had the waterfall all to ourselves!

Sun May 05 2019

very busy today

Fri Apr 26 2019

The hike to the Waterfall is short and uphill. Some very pretty views along the way and well-maintained.