Keystone Canyon Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(331)
Toiyabe National Forest

Keystone Canyon Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 603 feet Route Type: Out & Back

not my favorite because I prefer more shade for hiking but getting up early is best if you're like me and the views are great

No shade but nice trail with great views!

This is my favorite trail it’s pretty and has many pretty wildflowers that being said some of the trail is very thin and you will be competing with bikers for trial space.

Great trails. Ran in the evening, watch out for snakes. Saw/heard two on the trail.

The hiking trail was amazing me and my fiancé loved it and my dog loved it too we had a great time.

Not a bad hike. Left is upper, right is lower. Lower has more visual diversity and you follow the stream. Planning on taking my dogs with me on this one again

Great trail! It was a little busy for a Tuesday afternoon but not too bad. In the hour and half I was there I saw a plethora of birds such as magpies and blue jays, great horned owls (including a baby!!), garter snakes, tadpoles, and more! The creek was babbling and the birds were singing get out there bud

I’m a beginner mountain biker. This trail is definitely a challenge for me, but doable with a little walking. Lots of wild flowers scatter the hillside right now. Nice bench to take in the view right before the descent. Very sunny and rocky.

I would have given it a 5 if I had been mountain biking. Which I can’t wait to bring my bike out and do, but for hiking wise it was still a great walk, with some nice butt busting hills if you wanted. Great views and and can make the trails whatever you want, as in extend or decrease. Still a lovely day. But definitely made for mountain biking.

Really nice trail with beautiful views. Ran into a variation of snakes throughout the trail.

Nice easy loop. Elevation gain is minor. Did in the morning and took less than 2 hours. There was some construction happening and they closed the trail at 9AM though.

Beware!! Rattlesnakes! Wouldn’t suggest bringing your pups, but it was a beautiful breezy hike today. Not crowded at all.

Fun trail. No trees and windy at the top. Great day hike. Lots of bushes but really fun.

Hi. I've been walking my dog, and picking up trash in Keystone Canyon for about 4 years. I've taken out about 3,000 pounds of broken glass, shell casings, etc. Lately, there has been some dumping in the areas above the trail, i.e., on the hills to the west. Shooting is no longer allowed. If you see anyone dumping, or shooting (especially at bottles), please (while staying safe, i.e., keeping your distance so as to avoid confrontation), take photos and call the Sheriff. Thanks.

Great trail- very scenic and enjoyable. I went on a Monday afternoon and it was not crowded at all.

Trail itself is narrow & rocky. Heavily travelled by bikers who don’t give way to hikers so you’re continually scrambling out of the way.