Jones and Whites Creek Trail

Jones and Whites Creek Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reno, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Directions from Crystal Bay: Take Highway 431 (Mt. Rose Highway) north until the Galena Creek Rehional Park.

Hiked on Friday 21 April. So happy I did and look to return.

Due to snow along upper trail and being solo hiker, I turned back when setting out to the .7 distance to the lake. Maybe next time as I develop familiarity with the area.

Went today, due to snow we couldn't make the full loop, but the views we did see were amazing.

Amazing Trail Run

Awesome hike. Fun to veer off a bit and go to church's pond.

Wonderful loop. Easier if done counterclockwise, less steep.

this trail was a bit challenging at times but Absolutly doable. a few spots were steep but the challenge is mostly in endurance/distance. Absolutly gorgeous views through the whole loop. I went mid October and while there was some color change I am excited to try this gorgeous trail again in the spring!

Trail is easy to follow but markers get scarce for a bit. Beautiful hike!

Bring a friend for this hike! I did this hike by myself with my dog today for the first time and halfway through I completely lost service & got a little lost because I didn't know I had to cross the creek a few times! The view is beautiful at the top & the trail is shaded nicely. 10 miles gets a little lonely, but it is eerily beautiful.

Always beautiful & a great workout :~}