Jobs Peak

Jobs Peak is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gardnerville, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2037 feet

rock climbing

All around, a beautiful hike. We did this on my birthday last November and it was the perfect peak bagging trip for turning a year older! There is a geo cache at the top, so sign the ledger and leave something for others. A very fun experience for my whole family.

I'm not in the best shape I been in. Done this trail twice,going up is is slow for this fat kid but I made it.

Friday, September 23, 2016

We hiked Job's Peak as the third peak in the Tahoe Triple Crown which includes Freel Peak, Job's Peak and Job's sister. It was a crazy windy day with gusts over 50mph at Job's sister. The descent down the back side of Job's Sister was crazy sandy and very deep. We slid most of the way down. 12 miles in total. A GREAT way to spend the day, but would avoid a super windy day. For the most part, the trails were easy to follow. We have a full write up of all of the peaks at http://hustzkergies.blogspot.com/2016/09/TahoeTripleCrown.html

Monday, September 05, 2016

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Took my girlfriend for her 1st time my 3rd. Love doing this hike. We started from the back side off the forest service rd off hwy 89. 2.5 miles straight up. with the most fantastic beautiful views of the carson valley and lake tahoe.

Monday, July 25, 2016

I found this trail to be difficult going up, but the view was definitely worth it. The whole hike took us maybe 3 hours, if I am remembering correctly and was close enough for a lovely afternoon in the Potholes.

Friday, October 23, 2015

I've done this one twice in 4 years. From the base it is all uphill to the top2253 feet up.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Beautiful hike but not for the out of shape. 2 good hours of constant uphill hiking but worth it when you get to the top! Trail is very easy to follow. Coming down much quicker. Trailhead is not marked and navigating the forest service road that takes you in can be tricky.