James Brown Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(262)
Sloan, Nevada

James Brown Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sloan, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 547 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great view at the top, would recommend going in the morning or evening as there is limited shade. I’ll probably be back for 4th of July fireworks

Fun little hike with a great view of the city! Wear sunblock and bring lots of water :)

Great little hike with a 4th of July or NYE view of the city. Rocks are a bit sharp so protect your dogs feet with shoes or mushers.

Highly recommend this trail at either sunrise or sunset. I started at around 6:30 p.m. and had a beautiful view of the sunrise along with great views of Las Vegas.

Nice little trail. I personally thought it was a little easy and ended up going off trail and scrambling my own way lol. Pretty view from the top, but if you’re done the other peak trails in town you won’t be that impressed. I did 2.74 miles in 2hr20min, which included a 30 min break on top.

Great view from the top! Took us about 2 hours to complete. I forgot to hit record so we didn’t get to see an accurate time but I would definitely do it again!

My 4 and 6 year old did great on this hike! The view from the top is beautiful!

Nice trail. However several rattle snakes off the sides of the paths. Moderate incline that winds around the top of several mountains.

Cool hike, easy walking, bit of trash and dumping. Leads you to the top of a nice hill for great photos!

We missed the trail several times. But it was a nice hike and a great view. Would definitely do again.

Lots of precarious slim trains but very doable. No shade.