James Brown Trail

James Brown Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sloan, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Love this 3.6 mile out-and-back trail which I ran many times when I lived in Las Vegas! I built up and re-conditioned most of the trail. When I first began trail building this trail, there was no trail all the way to the peak of the mountain and you had to scramble up the mountain to get to the top (not fun!). So I decided to build trails that connected and led you all the way to the top. After working on the trail and building it up for almost a year, I finally created a route that you could run/hike from the bottom to the top. This trail is very rocky (as most of trail running in Las Vegas is!) so make sure you have good hiking boots or trail running shoes. The views from the top give you a spectacular view of the southwest part of Las Vegas. Named the trail after my brother who passed in 2016 and who was an avid outdoors man and avid hiker.