Incline Village Flume

Incline Village Flume is a 22.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Incline Village, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are several creek crossings that are moderately challenging boulder hops when the snow melt is high. You can continue on as far along the flume trail as you wish. Dramatic views of Lake Tahoe, truck size hillside boulders.

Beautiful low traffic hike. Lots of scenic views, I would definitely do it again

Nice view of lake at points.

We did the short version, about 3-4 miles round trip. We walked up to “monkey point” where there’s a rock that looks like a gorilla. The views were absolutely beautiful and we found tons of great lookout points with mountain and lake views. AllTrails rates this one as moderate .. we joked that it was Colorado Easy, Milwaukee Extreme. If hiking is not a regular thing for you, you’ll feel those inclines, but it was worth every step!

As being one of the local trail builders on the Incline Flume project, I have helped complete stream crossings and rerouted the blocked sections of trail. As of June 2018 most of the hard work is completed, still much to do with signage and finish work. The trail is a real gem that all ability’s can enjoy, one of the only family rated Trails in the Tahoe basin. Many thanks to all the agency’s, the Forest Service, and groups,The Tahoe Fund and Friends of Incline Trails that made it all possible.

Good trail.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Relatively level trail for this area. Fantastic views. Several crossing trails with unmarked intersections so follow the app's map.

Monday, October 02, 2017

It was an easy hike beautiful views of the lake and in another couple of weeks there wit be some great Fall colors. No complaints just letting you know there are no signs marking this trail and one of the junctions has multiple trails to decipher just be very alert this junction has downhill Mtn bikers clipping along at a pretty good speed here don't forget where you are standing it was just this one spot we crossed paths with downhill riders they don't ride the Incline Flume trail but the cross country Mtn bikers do they are much slower but all were very appreciative and respectful.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Nice flat hike. I’ll be back with my bike next time.
The red line ends at the first ski trail of Diamond Peak.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Easy, gorgeous views. I added on the tyrolean downhill and made it a 10 miler.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

This was a super chill trail. I'd rate it an easy because it doesn't really climb noticeably. There were some nice views and a handful of streams to cross. A fairly narrow trail meant we were stepping aside regularly to let bicycles by. All in all it was a nice trail and I plan to return again.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fantastic hike!!! Gorgeous views, streams and wildflowers. August is stunning....not nearly as "moderate" as I expected, I would categorize this "easy". We saw a lot of bike riders, everyone was friendly and lots of dogs and some families on this trail. Would do again!!!

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Fantastic views of wildflowers in all shapes and colors along the whole trail! (Mid July) Moderately warm day but stayed cool from the mountain breeze. My pup loved crossing through the many creeks to cool off as we hiked.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Awesome trail with lots of varying topography, wildflowers, views of the lake, creeks and fall crossings. The wildflowers were a wonderful surprise. I hike Auburn/Colfax/Forest hill a lot and the flowers there dried from green and brilliant, to dry and brown back in May-June. The late snowmelt at higher altitude keeps the hills green much longer and the air much cooler. It was a great reprieve from the Sac Valley scorch. Lots of bikers though. It gets tiresome standing to the side all the time, but it is their trail too. Lead with love and let them get on by with a smile.It was also cool to see what the ski slopes looked like with no snow. The grasses and flowers where just incredible! Pics don't do it justice. It was a 7 mile round trip hike, but we turned around at the second ski lift. The trail goes all the way back down to the lake I believe.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

This trail is pretty casual. You can go for as long as you want and turn it into a loop with the Tahoe rim trail if you're a maniac. I recommend going beyond the end of the AllTrails 'red line' that marks the trail. That's where all the wild flowers are blooming and views of the lake become really clear. You'll like this trail for sure!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great trail, flat and easy walk

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Great hike- waterfalls , wild flowers of every color, great views, shade and sun.
Pretty easy and I'm in good ( not great) shape.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Beautiful trail. can get busy

recorded 431 to Tunnel Creek