Ice Box Canyon Trail

Ice Box Canyon Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 577 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn west onto a trail. Automobiles are along on the trail. Continue until the parking lot.

Moderate to difficult. Made it all the way, but my 8 year old couldn’t make it the entire way. Very rocky the entire way. Parts seem like you can’t continue further but you have to climb around to continue. Beautiful views.

Very pretty and somewhat challenging trail. Very nice views

Tried doing this carrying my 10-month old in a backpack and the footing was too rocky. Had to turn back earlier than I hoped. Pretty trail that I hope to try again soon.

No cell service ! Download your map for this hike. While this trail is rated moderate I believe taking it to the very end it should be rated as difficult. It’s a beautiful hike. we did see a few baby rattle snakes along the trail. The trails offered us few markers along the way once you get about 1/2 way into the hike. So keep a close lookout.

Had a great hike as usual. Perfect time to go.

SUUUUPER GREEN. loved it. not hard at all. the trail is really beautiful.

The trail starts pretty easy, buy gets more difficult the further you get. The last part near the waterfall was pretty strenuous, but it is worth it. And if there would have been a running waterfall it would have been amazing. So I guess the best time to do this trail is after the winter

Nice hike when you need a little shade and some cooler temperature. It's pretty easy but there's opportunity for some bouldering as you get into the canyon.

This hike was a ton of fun. Plan on a bit of scrambling.

This hike is 2.3 miles out and another 2.3 back. The sign may have said 2.5 miles out but I'm unsure. It took my group 2 hours with plenty of exploring and picture taking. I loved this trail. the large rocks and boulders gave me an opportunity to climb and crawl on all 4s. We arrived at 620 (park opens at 6). The temperature was 80 when we started and 89 when we finished and this was comfortable.

Very rocky terrain with some shade throughout. If you are unsure in your footing, be careful; it can get tricky especially toward the end. The majority of the trail is in the sun, so be sure to wear sun protection and pack plenty of water. The waterfall is unsurprisingly dry during the summer months but still has beautiful views.

recorded Ice Box Canyon Trail

Not really a fan of this trail, scrambling over rocks the entire time and there were a few crazy bee hives that I came across. Don’t go if you don’t enjoy climbing over rocks like me