Hobart Creek Reservoir Trail (via Carson City)

Hobart Creek Reservoir Trail (via Carson City) is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Carson City, Nevada and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did this trail the last weekend of October. The fall foliage was absolutely beautiful as were the views. The fall temperatures make this hike much more pleasant than in the summer. This is not a trail to do when you are out of shape or feeling less than energetic. No, you can not drive and the label of "Hard" should be noted, as it is.

I thought we could drive most of the way up, not the case. This trail was not enjoyable at all. it just kept going up and was even rougher on the toes coming down. it was hot and we ran out of water. this trail was even rough on my 1 year old lab. I would never do this hike again. wish we could have seen the lake.

Great little find with good fishing, despite the restrictions. If camping, do utilize the bear boxes- we were lucky enough to see one bear amble through the campground. The climb in is steep, but once there you've got picnic tables, pit toilets, ample water sources (do filter), and bear boxes,making this a nice goal for newer backpackers.

This is a difficult trail. Bring a hat and a lot of water. One of those trails you have to be in shape for. Great views and you won't see a lot of people for sure.

Definetly a CHALLENGE! Worth every bit of struggle, for the view!

Super brutal heat and sun for this hike today. I ran out of water about a mile from the car on the return trip. My fault for not bringing a filter as there are small creeks all along the way. The lake is amazing! Something you have to see to appreciate.

My husband and I took the trail today all the way to the lake and the roads are clear as well as gorgeous! The lake is beautiful and unspoiled. Also a clean restroom at the lake. Although very tough and uphill all the way for 5 miles it was worth the effort. Will make this a regular for us!

On Memorial Day Friday the last mile or so was completely covered with snow, but we made it to the lake just fine. 80% sheet of ice. Cant wait to come back when there is a little more land. Beautiful hike. 2:40 up and 2:15 back to Lakeview With 30# packs. 41 species of bird with 3 unidentified

it is one of my favorites

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Approached from the carson city trail head. Amazing views at times, which is completely worth the trip. It has incline for the majority of the trip, which shouldn't be taken lightly! Bring lots of water and a walking stick! Hobart reservoir is quit nice, with multiple areas to fish from (trout). Would recommend to any traveller looking for a decent challenge and serenity.