Hidden Forest Trail

Hidden Forest Trail is a 10.2 mile out and back trail located near Indian Springs, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and horses and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2024 feet

cave

Great hike. Definitely camping it next time

Awesome trail to ride! our dirt bikes did just fine through the terrain. It would've been nice to have an electric start and maybe a rekluse clutch definitely some technical spots. I would recommend this trail to all riders everywhere. The weather and cabin were beautiful and it only took a few hours to do the whole ride. Overall it was a great ride, enjoy bros

Beautiful! Make sure you leave to make the hike about 5am, and on a weekday to avoid hikers at the cabin if you want to sleep in the cabin. Water is fresh from the spring, carve your name in the cabin if you so desire. The cabin is stocked for others to enjoy, but only use what you need and leave what you like for the next upcoming traveler. Motto ' Pass it forward'. Cougar sightings, so please be careful. Have a weapon and best to be with a group. Enjoy!!

Hiked it at the end of september. Cabin was well stocked with necessities. Spring was trickling with water which we filtered and used for cooking. Plenty of places to pitch tents or hang hammocks around the cabin. Beautiful ponderosa pines everywhere around the cabin area. A great hike that starts in the desert and ends in a pine forest. No fires allowed when we went but there is a wood burning stove in the cabin. At least half of the hike is in a wash so the climb is a bit strenuous especially if you are carrying a lot of weight. I would not rely on the water in summer months although it was flowing at about .5L/min while we were there.

Great hike and escape from the bustling life of Las Vegas.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Wonderful. Pack light, unless you will stay for a few days. You will not reach the cabin until 4-5 hours of hiking. Worth it though! Fresh water from the mountain trickles down through a pipe made just for all.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Difficult hike for beginners, especially when carrying too much gear.. Camped near cabin which seemed like we would never reach.. Overall, great experiance but it'll probably be a long time before I do that again..

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Longer than most maps project. Our GPS logged 7.1mi each way from trailhead to cabin. Water was running and cabin was in good shape.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The trail is moderate due to the course gravel and rocks that line most of this trail. We spent the night near the cabin and spring.

Monday, August 25, 2014

The starting point on the map is in a wrong place...
The rough road finish on the top of the wash, just when start the canyon.
A wonderful trail beginning in a desertic canyon, then slowly, the forest appear, more and more thick, till the cabin.
Nice place for backpacking with just the sky, the forest and the mountains around...

No water at all all along the trail except some rescue reserves hidden in some trees and some drops after rain on the cabin fountain. Also, no found water by following the black hose on the left side of the canyon till the ridge...

A beautiful trail to do with a lot of water in hot period !

Saturday, May 04, 2013

I did this with my brother and dog on 2 May 2013. The weather was perfect and the hike was gorgeous. It stayed about 65 on the way up and dropped to 28 at night. When we woke up everything was frozen. The stove in the cabin kept everything warm with just a couple twigs. I would not recommended you take a dog without boots. My dog is an experienced hiker and climber, but his feet were raw at the top. He never complained the entire way up, but by the next morning he couldn't walk. We carried him the five miles back down the mountain to the truck.

The drive in is a little rough as well. I have a truck and was still limited to about 10-15 mph, so plan about two hours once you get on Alamo road.

Saturday, July 02, 2011

This is a great trail for backpacking. I always make sure to start early in the summer; by the time you get half way up the trail, your're pretty much out of the heat. There's a cabin at the top with some provisions for stranded and snowed in hikers, and I usually bring some form of canned food to leave in the cabin. I still bring a ground cloth or a tent because the cabin actually gives me the heebie jeebies. Plenty of room for multiple camp sites, though I haven't seen too many people up there.

Only problem is the terrain. The trail follows a dried river bed up, and there are enough big rocks about to twist an ankle if you're not careful. It's not terrible, mind you. The first time I took the trail was with my scout troop as a kid. I'm just bringing it up so you know to wear the right shoes.