Heavenly Valley Ski Resort Trails

Heavenly Valley Ski Resort Trails is a 7.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Glenbrook, Nevada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Use the utility road for the initial ascent. Beautiful view on the road up. We lost the trail once the road met the lift at the umbrella bar. We went straight but I think we should have gone to the right at that point. We turned around before the final summit climb because we saw a cougar cub and didn’t want to scare mama. If you follow the path on the map, your descent will be straight downhill on a black diamond ski run. Beautiful view but tough not the knees.

No visible trailhead or trails after bushwhacking for about 45minutes at this time.

Very hard to find the trailhead. you can just walk up the mountain until you find the path/utility vehicle path and then go from there. Very scenic and wonderful pix over looking the lake. we couldn't make it to the summit since we didn't pack any ice brackets for our shoes. we got to a little under 4 miles when we couldn't go any further.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

I liked this. It was peaceful & not busy. Annoyed at the people I did see had their dogs jumping all over my kids. Keep dogs on a leash out of respect for others please!

Friday, May 19, 2017

no marking of trails

Sunday, December 25, 2016

I visited years ago in the summer, taking the tram up to do some exploring on the mountainside. I definitely remember the gorgeous views above South Lake Tahoe.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Parked near the bottom of Ski Run Drive and hiked straight up the road, onto the mountain. I only hiked about 1.5miles up and it took me about 40mins. Beautiful once you reach the top.

Monday, June 10, 2013

This is the BIG one, with something like 20 square miles of skiable terrain. I really love Heavenly. It straddles Nevada and California. There is plenty of terrain for every ability level. Most days there is beautiful sunshine and the other days provide a major snow dump.

Thursday, May 18, 2017