Gold Strike Hot Spring Trail

Gold Strike Hot Spring Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until May.

rock climbing

hot springs

A strenuous hike through a wonderful canyon to some hot springs pools. This hike is one of a kind. There are 8 fixed ropes if you go all the way to the river. Some are difficult especially when coming back up. You will have wet boots and having them hold on the boulders you need to climb can be a slippery affair. At the 1.5 mile point of the hike, you come to the first obstacle, a large boulder with what looks like a nasty drop off. If you look at the rock wall to your right, you'll see some steps in the rock wall. There is a strap here to help you down the steps. Coming back, you really don't need the strap although it will give those who want some security an aid to come back up. A short distance after this, the wash opens into its widest of the hike, and several washes come in together. Keep walking down and you'll come to the next rope. This goes down the left side of the rock wall. This isn't difficult to do. You just need to use the rope as intended and walk down backwards while moving down the rope. There is one other slight work around in this area, too. There's a dry fall that some slide down. There is a blue arrow painted on the rocks to the left of the chute showing you how to walk around and down this dry fall. After you have cleared these obstacles, you arrive at what once was the Upper Goldstrike Hot Springs pools. Sadly, most have dried up. There are a few pools farther down that still have water, but you'll see the remnants of the pools that no longer have any source for filling. The rest has 5 fixed ropes, the last being a bit difficult, especially when you're coming back and you have those wet boots.

Awesome

So much fun. Great team building.

Great hike!! Tough on the kids but they did it and it was awesome!!

My grandson and I did the Gold Spike trail head hike today for Earth Day. It was both challenging and rewarding. This is the first time I've attempted this type of hike, which combines mountaineering and hiking and I'm in my mid-fifties. Incredibly beautiful views of Nature and wildlife and the hot springs were amazing. The end of the trail you get a mix of the hot springs and Colorado River water which is really refreshing. If you're up for a challenge, I totally recommend the Gold Spike Trailhead hike.

Intense every turn you make opens you up to a whole new landscape

Not a hard trail at all. The "climbing is fairly simple. People bring their dogs down to the bottom and back up all the time, only reason why I would say it's a hard trail. Sometimes if it's busy you get backed up in lines for the climbs. Absolutely beautiful, if you liked this one go across the river and hike the trail on the Arizona side,too.

I have not hiked the full trail yet, but I went on this hike one night with my friends at church. I would not recommend going during the summer or when it's really hot outside (one time someone died of heat stroke), and I would suggest bringing plenty of water. Springtime is fine; that's when I went. I thought the rock-climbing was fun. There's ropes, so nothing requiring gear. Maybe also bring a sack meal and stop when you need to on the way back up. The way down is a piece of cake. And of course, dress appropriately and wear good shoes, and you should be fine.

Challenging, but well worth the hike. The hike ends at the Colorado River and it was beautiful.

Went last week, going again today.

The place was really nice and challenging specially for first timers. But with a lot of help from your group you can finished this hike.. it made it more challenging because most of the ropes that are there to help you was cut off so literally rely on our guys in our group to carry us catch us push us etc to finished the whole hike. But it's worth it when u get to the end.

was well worth the hike