Gold Butte Back Country Byway

Gold Butte Back Country Byway is a 89.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bunkerville, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

New to the area, I was unloading my CAN AM at the paring area and a man was unloading too. He came over and ask if I was alone and I said yes . He invited me to ride with his group. This was a great trip with all types of roads and trails. Posted 89.5 miles on my trip meter Saw many different types of rock formations, petroclips even a giant sink hole
5 stars for off roading.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Must have high clearance vehicle. 4WD helps. Hiking part is mostly easy. Scenery, vistas, red barrel cactus, Joshua Trees, colorful sandstone and petroglyphs are a wonder. Large variety of desert adapted plants (wildflowers) to see.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Great area, however it was hard to find some of the petroglyphs. No signage for roads or directions to petroglyphs. We did a lot of searching on-line to find areas. I recommend a GPS.