Learn more

Galena Falls Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Incline Village-Crystal Bay, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 547 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Great easy trail even for a moderate hiker like me. Small climb up from Parking lot. Then mostly slight ups and downs. Great views of the lake and Reno along the way. Mostly narrow trail. A bit crowded so we wore our masks as a precaution. Excellent reward at the end of the trail with a beautiful waterfall. About 5 miles round trip took around 2.5 hours w a small break at the falls for a rest. Perfect for a family, dog, older hikers.

Great short hike in and out. The foot trail (there is another trail fro horses/bikes) wasn’t technical at all and there were amazing views along the way. My family and I started out around 11:00am on a Sunday. There was a moderate amount of traffic, so going early morning or late afternoon might be better. After about 2.5 miles we made it to the base of the small but beautiful waterfall and took the trail all the way to the top of the falls. Fortunately, the water flow was not too heavy and rough at the top. We all crossed over the creek and found a couple of large flat rocks that provided the perfect picnic area for us to have lunch and take in the beautiful view below. This is definitely a hike we will do during the summer and winter just to get two different experiences. Absolutely a must do hike if your in the Reno/Tahoe area.

Nice trail with great views and a good size waterfall at the end - supplied by melted snow so currently running . Not too busy mid day today. 5 mi if you climb to the top on the falls. Didn’t have time today but another 3 mi gets you to Mtn Rose summit - next trip perhaps .

Absolutely beautiful waterfall! The trail is really nice too. My friend tracked her distance on her iwatch and I used my Fitbit, both showed this hike to be almost 6 miles round trip.

The trail was great! Good for people who love dogs and amazing water fall

I love this trail but so does everyone else. There were so many people that it made it less enjoyable.

Really quick hike. Fairly flat, but a nice quick hike up to a beautiful waterfall. I started at 1 on a Thursday, so thought it would be crowded, but it really wasn’t bad. I was the only one at the falls for a while. I will do this again, and next time start earlier to get to the mount rose peak!

On the trail by 6:15am on Monday. Trail looks great. An insignificant amount of snow. This is always a busy trail so I decided to try it early in the morning and on a weekday. Had the whole place to myself so I decided to summit Mt. Rose.

This is a great easy trail with beautiful views and close proximity to Reno. For those reasons, it is very heavily trafficked and busy. We did this a few days ago, and there are still a few places with snow on the trail but nothing even close to difficult. The waterfall is really flowing right now with all of the snowmelt coming down. I suggest getting an early start to beat some of the crowds, and bring a windbreaker as this area is known for being gusty!

We had a gorgeous hike but there was still snow in a few spots on the path and that made it muddy as well. One of our favorite hikes for the view and we are from San Diego. Beat hike we did here.

Excellent trail for families. It was a beautiful hike up and down. The views of the lake and the waterfall were so beautiful.

Great views the whole way. Great trail for younger kids and beginners. Waterfall was a beautiful sight!

We've been waiting to hike to the Galena Falls this season. There are still a few places where there's snow across the trail, but it wasn't bad. We hiked about 1/2 mile past the falls and still all good. It was a windy, cold day, and we got snowed on for a bit. Still a great hike. We are hoping to make it to the top of Mt. Rose next weekend.

I cut a shoot cut coming back down because i don’t like to backtrack but that was a bad idea. It was so steep that i had to slide down the snow on my but. But great trail. Waterfall was cool.

Great little trail to the falls, not much of an incline at all. Perfect if you just want to do a good 5 miles. Still snow on the trail, past the falls up to summit is a lot of snow, we’ll have to come back!

Still lots of snow

Lots of snow on the trail starting around 3/4 of a mile in. We did not make it to the waterfalls.

icy

I would recommend you to wait for August when the snow is probably pretty much gone. But if you do go through this trail be sure to bring extra things like snow boots, towel, extra socks! My feet were soaked as soon as we reached the falls, I changed my socks and were still soaked when I returned from the trail. Beautiful falls and scenery but would recommend to wait to do this trail!

icy

Hard to navigate the trail due to the snow, there are some markers but they're inconsistent. Still had a good time and I plan on coming back!

icy

Would only recommend for backpack skiing or snowboarding. Wearing correct shoes. Still a lot of snow. Icy in the morning but perfect for skiing around 11am. If you had snowshoes wouldn’t be a bad hike to the falls.