Galena Creek to Church's Pond

Galena Creek to Church's Pond is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Washoe Valley, Nevada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Great trail with a lovely pond at the top.

Great hike. Start to finish was 3 hours. The pond has water and snow on the bank. Fall colors are just starting. Enjoyed the mountain with a lot of
Other hikers.

Perfect time of the year hike! Pleasant temperature, a few people, and the beginning of fall colors. The trail was a little bit steeper than I expected. My Fitbit said about 10 miles round trip, it took us roughly 4.5 hours.

Over the last few months, I've done this home probably about 10 times. It is one of my go-to hikes when I want something quick that still has a bit of challenge. The way up is pretty steep, but is doable with the switchbacks. Excellent views from the top. The pond is always nice, but limited shade. The trail can be quite crowded on the weekends, so plan accordingly.