Frenchman Mountain Trail

Frenchman Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a very very steep gravel road. The best time to hike this would be Fall,Winter or Spring. Don't let the steepness stop you from going all the way to the top as the view is specular. If it is a clear day you can see all the casinos to the SouthWest. Looking West is Red Rock and Mount Charleston. Then look NorthWest to see Nellis Air Base and farther North to see Las Vegas Speedway. The great part is if the Jets are taking off & landing at the Air Base.

This was a very tough hike that I did with my 7 year old son. It took us 1 hour 15 min to ascend and 45 min to descend. My legs were sore for days due to the extreme incline but the outlook is definitely worth it at the end.

As other have commented the hike is strenuous - it took us about 2hours to arrive at the top and 1h to get back to the parking lot.

The false summit is a bit deceiving, but the view at the end is worth it!

I didn't hike up to that mountain. But why did I saw the U.S Marines hiking up to that mountain. They all drove up on the Humvees and they hike up to get a scope of me and the city of Las Vegas. I can see a flare reflection off one of their scope. I stared directly at 8 of them . I'm not a high value target and I have no guns. What's the answer to all of this?

Frenchman was awesome. Today was my first time doing this hike. Definitely a lung and leg burner and I enjoyed every minute of it. The key is to do 30 to 45 second brakes and after 7 to 10 minutes of climbing. Just at 30 seconds makes a huge difference. don't let that view of the true Peak scare you from the false peak. Finish strong and enjoy the view!!

Did this twice - both in February. Bring lots of water and take your time, especially on the stretch down from the top. It took me longer to get down than go up!

First ascent on Frenchmen. Killer workout! Enjoyed the grind.

Very strenuous trail. If you would like a workout for your whole body this is it!!! I'd definitely do this again just because I Iove the view of the city!!!

this hike deserve it rating! 3 steep steep hills to climb to get to top hands down steepest trail I've tried in Las Vegas area

Great View Of The Valley But Very Challenging! Definitely Took Me More Then A Couple Hours.

This trail is difficult! I suggest you be in top shape or near excellent shape. The incline is no joke & walking back down it hard as well. The view is amazing but definitely is tough!

Beautiful but difficult. Very steep with loose rock. You have to watch every step you take so you down slide on the rocks. The views are amazing. Take walking stick to help with the hike down. I would have given it 5 stars except for all the loose rocks that make the trial somewhat annoying because you have to keep looking down instead of at the beautiful scenery.

beautiful sights ! An amazing hike. not for beginners or children. thats for sure. hmu if you want a hiking buddy i only have a moped though haha 7023437867

Bring your hiking shoes for the treck down! Took us about an hour up and and hour down stopping for all the Kodak moments of course

The trail is loose and steep but the view is worth it. From the peak you can see the entire Las Vegas valley and the mountain desert and Lake Mead on the other side.

Very difficult yet very rewarding. If you work on Nellis AFB it is a must. You will always be able to see the mountain and say I climbed that.

Good hike. It can get pretty steep in some parts and there's a lot of lose rock. great view from the top. If you don't mind long steep trails, then I recommend this one to you!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

This hike is the best of worlds and the worst of worlds. Virtually no wildlife and nothing but rock, rock and more rock. You are either walking up a steep incline or down a steep incline - there is nothing inbetween. It's (only) redeeming feature is the view from the top. Spectacular, and peering over the ledge toward Lake Mead is a treat. That, and the fact that, virtually wherever you are in Las Vegas, you can point to the imposing Frenchman Mountain and say "I hiked that."

Monday, January 09, 2017

Tough, rough hike that will kick you in the gut right from the start. The end result makes it worth it! Wear proper hiking shoes and have a celebratory snack, or drink for the summit. Coming down isn't easy, the loose rocks make it tough to keep footing. It's a workout!

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Good trail. Rocks were not friendly but that's what a hike is too me. I loved it. Enjoyed myself. Good work out. Quiet. Kind of cold. Note tho that you will have to park in the dirt next to the road. But don't park in front of the gate. No one bothered my car while being parked there. There is no where else to park. Sooo yea.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Beautiful view, work the work to get to the top! Not easy, bring lots of water and some snacks. But so worth it!