First Creek Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

Beautiful hike. The trail is not marked and branches a lot after the first mile. There are some hard forks and some easy ones, so look around and be adventurous, it is hard to get lost. The creek is crystal clear. It rained on us a little so we didn't go as far as we would have liked. It surprised us how different this trail looked in comparison with the South Oak Creek trail. I expected more of the same. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Gorgeous views, got to see some bighorn sheep too!

Views the whole way. Flat path that eventually splits into any number of smaller side trails for exploring. Some scrambling. We did not see a notable waterfall but visited the creek on occasion. The canyon area is stunning. You can scramble to your heart’s content but boulders eventually get larger making traversing more challenging. Great hike.

This is a very peaceful trail early in the mornings. Lots of wildlife to be seen and not many people, if any at all! The creek itself was flowing heavily and the waterfall was awesome, most amount of water I’ve ever seen there due to all the rain we’ve had this week. -1 star because I had a hard time following the trail the last half mile and had to backtrack numerous times. Not impossible to navigate though, just needed my app open right near the waterfall to help.

Good trail for dogs and kids! Pretty easy most of the way but we ended up a little of course and it was more difficult so you can creat your own variety! We also saw goats! So keep your eyes peeled!

Not bad for a hike! It seemed everyone has a dog. Which in and of itself is not bad but the leavings were. What is proper trail etiquette when ones dog poops on the trail - leave it on the trail, shovel it off the trail, bag the poop and leave the bag on the side of the trail or do the same thing you do when you walk the dog in your neighborhood? It seems certain dog owners need a bit of training.

A very easy trail. Its an hour hike to the base of the Wilson mountain where things start to get more interesting. I’ve gone twice but never made it to the falls as the first time it was raining and the second time snowing. But both weather conditions made the mountains look epic. The walk there is beautiful as the mountain loom larger and larger. Great for taking new inexperienced hikers for their first hike.

Beautiful hike with great sceneries.
Although I wouldn’t call it a hike but a long nice “walk”.
Very easy and great for kids and dogs.

The hike was easy at first as long as you take the path. We decided to take different route from the path and went of course. We found lots of water trail coming from the creek. Did not really see the waterfall.

I went Jan 12 @ 11:30am. It was a bit cloudy, no rain though. I'm not an experienced hiker and went solo.

Plenty of parking when I went, but I can see it being packed pretty quickly. I don't know if I fell off the trail, but I was following it and eventually went up some boulders and got lost. I remember reading it's supposed to be 2-3 hours, took me 4 1/2 to get back to my car. I never found the waterfall, but got some great pictures. There were two people scaling the mountain which I thought was crazy, but you can see that they had the proper equipment and were experienced but really great to see. A bit of poop, nothing crazy though. Definitely has cactus everywhere. Not much wildlife, found a creek though. Ill try again to find this waterfall and maybe not get lost. It was very easy to navigate back to your car though because of the landscape.

this was my first hike ever! simple easy in and out hike.

Easy out and back with nice views.

Lots of people. Trail not greatly marked. Doesn’t really have an “end” to the trail. Saw rock climbers which was fun. Would recommend.

Nice hike but we traveled this October and there was no waterfall or pond to see. The trail is poorly marked after the first mile. The area is beautiful to see!

amazing trail, mellow ascend with an intense ride down with drops and exposure /Ikes Peak!

The trailhead is easy to miss as it's basically a pull off area right next to the road. The beginning of the trail is well marked and easy to follow. A sign says it's a 1.5 mile in and out trail. I'm not sure where the trail actually ends. It went from wide enough for two people to more and more narrow. Eventually I think we were blazing our own trail. The well defined portion of the trail was long enough that you could still get a nice walk in without having to make your own trail. We walked all the way to the base of the mountain. Despite the lack of defined trail, I would certainly give this trail again.

beautiful waterfall at the end. very hard to find the entrance. We have done this two years in a row and its one of our fav spots. We spent the whole day down there. There was no waterfall this year, but still a pool and gorgeous scenery. We did this with two kids, ages 5 and 7. They did great.

Close to Vegas, easy in and out. Only challenge is the heat.

Beautiful scenery and such a refreshing hike!!

Great beginner hike. Beautiful scenery

I've been three times so far very impressed with this hike nice waterfall nice Trail took beautiful pictures of Nature and water and I got to pet multiple dogs that come to the waterfall to cool off

Nothing to not like about this trail. Postcard beautiful.

Great hike with the kids! Dog loved swimming and playing too.

Very clearly defined trail, although the entrance wasn’t all that well marked

One of my favorite trails to hike in the area. It's easy, stress free, and absolutely beautiful. I've seen burros, snakes (non venomous), lizards, hawks, caterpillars, rabbits, etc. When the spring is full, it's a great place for dogs and kids to splash around. When it isn't, it's a great place to just sit and relax.

Great hike and I loved there was a “waterfall”. Today’s weather was a perfect 80 degrees. Nice to be back home. Vegas Strong

Great little hike. Dog friendly. You will find some water at the end of the trail. Sometimes there is a waterfall!!!

Love to take the dogs here to cool off in the water. Keep on leash at all times (it’s the law) for safety of your pup and other pups.
Easy hike for the whole family