Learn more

First Creek Canyon Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon, when you get to the very first tree, turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

Good trail for the first mile. Well marked. After the first mile you are on your own. So many trails leading to dead ends or rocks you must scramble over. Was expecting more for a highly reviewed course. Don’t recommend for children under 10. Make sure you phone is charged and you have plenty of water.

not well marked towards the end and very easy to get lost!

Took my 5 yo girl with me and we loved it. It easy for kids and seeing the spring is priceless. It took us about 2 hrs at a slow pace and taking a 15 min break at the spring. Very light traffic

Nice little hike but can get a little crowded. The waterfall is nice when it’s flowing.

great if you want to scramble up a mountain. but not good if you are trail running. scenery is great. it's just a matter of what activity you want.

Beautiful hike with lots to explore. The end got a little tricky for my 5 year old but my 8 year old climbed the rocks like a champ. Kids loved all the sand and the creek bed still had some water.

Snakes!! Stay on trails to see them more clearly!

Good family hike! No waterfall right now (end of May) but great water spot and some shady parts. I would recommend going early to beat the heat. Cactus are almost blooming. I bet in a week or two they will be busting with gorgeous flowers!

Moderate trail, dog friendly, some scramble, minimal shade.

Did this hike recently and loved it. I went pretty far up into the canyon so it was longer than 3.4 miles. At that point you will have to do some rock scrambling but not that bad. Kept my distance from other hikers in compliance with the Coronavirus regulations.

Loved this trail. Flat for the most part with options to climb up easily. My first one of many since moving to vegas. There are big beetles that sometimes smack into you but didnt bother me as I am not afraid of bugs, it's a pretty easy hike cute streams of water to the right about a mile in just be careful as I got lost for about 20 mins but thankfully saw ppl and followed them back out. Deffinately reccomend this hike.