First Creek Trail

First Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

Highly trafficked but very fun and great for dogs.

I enjoyed it and it was a great first hole with my dogs. My dogs (10) are older and they did great! Bummed no water was flowing but there was a small part of the creek that still had water and my Lab had a great time in it!

I've hiked this trail several times, it's a great hike to take kids. we stop and have lunch at the homestead play in the grass. wonderful times.

This is definitely one of my favorite trails to do with my kids. It usually takes about 3 hours with the kids (4 & 6). It is fairly easy to stay on the trail until you get towards the end. There is a nice little creek filled with frogs that is a ton of fun for the kids. I would strongly recommend this trail for all families visiting red rock.

Beginning easy, as you get closer to the canyon the trail becomes more of a scramble with the path becoming less and less clear. No waterfall this time of year that we could find. total hike time 2.5 hours. We arrived at 5pm and the entire hike was nicely shaded.

The end of the trail was a little confusing. Cannot tell where the end of the trail is.

Love it....

Beautiful and easy trail. The end does get confusing on where you should go, but some sweet soul wrote arrows (and some motivational notes, such as 'You're almost there!' which made me smile) so just keep an eye out for those and you should be alright.

I didn't give this five stars because the burrs are a serious problem. I read the reviews and knew they'd be there, but dear lord. A few got me in the ankle, some got on my dogs leg and even face, and this we could handle. However they inevitably ended up in his paws, bad enough to cause them to bleed. We turned back as soon as that happened so we didn't make it to the waterfall, and won't be back until he gives in and let's me put hiking boots on him.

If you are going without pets a good pair of shoes and full length pants to protect your legs should be fine, and it really is a nice little hike.

Leaving your little doggie doo baggies on the ground on your way out of the trial makes sense to you how ? Great trail , leave no trace .

easy and fun