First Creek Trail

First Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

What a great hike! Although I could never quite figure out when the trail ended, but exploring was great. At the “fork” in the path, go right. When you get to the first green tree that looks out of place, turn 90 degrees and venture down to the waterfall! It rained the day before so there was actually water!

we went in the sprong/summer when it hasn't rained in a while and the creek was pretty much dry. even with the creek I dont think it would be anything exciting

Highly trafficked but very fun and great for dogs.

I enjoyed it and it was a great first hole with my dogs. My dogs (10) are older and they did great! Bummed no water was flowing but there was a small part of the creek that still had water and my Lab had a great time in it!

I've hiked this trail several times, it's a great hike to take kids. we stop and have lunch at the homestead play in the grass. wonderful times.

This is definitely one of my favorite trails to do with my kids. It usually takes about 3 hours with the kids (4 & 6). It is fairly easy to stay on the trail until you get towards the end. There is a nice little creek filled with frogs that is a ton of fun for the kids. I would strongly recommend this trail for all families visiting red rock.

Beginning easy, as you get closer to the canyon the trail becomes more of a scramble with the path becoming less and less clear. No waterfall this time of year that we could find. total hike time 2.5 hours. We arrived at 5pm and the entire hike was nicely shaded.

The end of the trail was a little confusing. Cannot tell where the end of the trail is.

Love it....

Beautiful and easy trail. The end does get confusing on where you should go, but some sweet soul wrote arrows (and some motivational notes, such as 'You're almost there!' which made me smile) so just keep an eye out for those and you should be alright.

I didn't give this five stars because the burrs are a serious problem. I read the reviews and knew they'd be there, but dear lord. A few got me in the ankle, some got on my dogs leg and even face, and this we could handle. However they inevitably ended up in his paws, bad enough to cause them to bleed. We turned back as soon as that happened so we didn't make it to the waterfall, and won't be back until he gives in and let's me put hiking boots on him.

If you are going without pets a good pair of shoes and full length pants to protect your legs should be fine, and it really is a nice little hike.

Leaving your little doggie doo baggies on the ground on your way out of the trial makes sense to you how ? Great trail , leave no trace .

easy and fun

Very nice and easy hike, scenic views of the desert and canyons must see if you’ve never hiked canyons.

Never Again. There's No Shade At All Once You Start Walking.... There's Only 1 Big Tree To Catch Yoir Breath & Get Some Shade Before The Trail Starts To Go In A Million Different Ways.. We Got Lost, Phone Died, Ran Out Of Water & It Was So Hot That My Dog Was Trying To Find Shade In A Cactus Bush & Ended Up With 10 Stickers All Over. I Didnt Bring Tweezers To Get It Out So I Had To Use My Fake Nails As Keys To Get It Out Of My Dog.. We Had Shoes For Him Which Was Perfect Because Otherwise He Probably Would Of Got It In His Paws Too. Once The Trail Doesn't Have An Actual Trail Anymore, We Realized We Were Lost & Started Heading Back. This Trail Is Marked Easy, Which I Agree That The Actual Hike Is Easy, But To Try & Find The Water & Getting To The End Was Difficult. We Never Made It To The Water For The Simple Fact There Is No Real Trail.

If You Tempt To Do This Hike I Recommend To Bring: Plenty Of Water, Tweezers, Tracking Markers So U Can Find Your Way Back, & A Extra Battery For Your Phone Just Incase You Have To Call For Help.

I love this trail! Although the path is t clear once your get into the mountains. It's still beautiful!

First thing, many hugs to the person who left a review saying to bring tweezers. Puppy stepped on part of a cactus so it was a life saver. A multi-tool worked better with the larger pliers for unsticking the cactus chunk.

It was beautiful. Great trail. Lots of tiny lizards and butterflies.

Downside was the first 1/4 mile had tons of dog poop. After that, there was the occasional horse dropping. I imagine the dog poop problem would improve if the park put out a trash can at the trail head.

Overall, enjoyable and planning to go back when the weather cools down a little more. By 9am it was getting pretty warm.

Got lost trying to find the waterfall. There is no clear path when you get closer to the end. Won't be doing that one again.

Awesome for the kids first hike! My pupper also had a blast! Can't wait to come back after the rainy season to see the creek in its full glory.

Horrible trail. Definitely not kid friendly. Unmarked trails so noone knew where to go. Dog poop EVERYWHERE!!! Runner friendly trail my ass. U will twist your ankle just walking thru this sad trail. Only reason it gets 1 star and not zero is because the beautiful background. Everything else...... SUCKED