First Creek Trail

First Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

I've been three times so far very impressed with this hike nice waterfall nice Trail took beautiful pictures of Nature and water and I got to pet multiple dogs that come to the waterfall to cool off

Nothing to not like about this trail. Postcard beautiful.

Great hike with the kids! Dog loved swimming and playing too.

Very clearly defined trail, although the entrance wasn’t all that well marked

One of my favorite trails to hike in the area. It's easy, stress free, and absolutely beautiful. I've seen burros, snakes (non venomous), lizards, hawks, caterpillars, rabbits, etc. When the spring is full, it's a great place for dogs and kids to splash around. When it isn't, it's a great place to just sit and relax.

Great hike and I loved there was a “waterfall”. Today’s weather was a perfect 80 degrees. Nice to be back home. Vegas Strong

Great little hike. Dog friendly. You will find some water at the end of the trail. Sometimes there is a waterfall!!!

Love to take the dogs here to cool off in the water. Keep on leash at all times (it’s the law) for safety of your pup and other pups.
Easy hike for the whole family

lots of fun! but not in spring mountain ranch like stated. We had a great time but there was no waterfall today. Still amazing to see.

Trail was nice, but kind of hard to find the waterfall.

Nice hike for everyone. Take the dogs here a lot.

Beautiful views of red rock and the hidden waterfall is surrounded by large boulders so very isolated and cool on a hot day!

More of a Nice easy walk more than a hike. I am new to hiking and this was effortless for me. Great way to enjoy nature without needing to put in a lot of physical strength.

nice trail to hike with the family. there are many routes that will eventually get you to the same place! my 4 yr old and dog both enjoyed themselves!

Great hike thru the beginning of the canyon!

fairly easy trail with a lot of great views of waterfalls and wild life.

Such a nice trail! Very easy and very flat with the smallest amount of climbing at the end. The pond was cool to see, too.

Great hike! Even a water hole for the dog.

Really fun easy hike for the whole family. There is a hidden water pool that is pretty cool and worth walking down to.

Great trail for kids and pups! I carried my son in a front carrier and was able to complete the 3.6 mile hike. It’s NOT a loop so plan for 2-3 hours. Bring snacks and water.

captured bighorn sheep credible hike

Great trail for kids and my dog. Gets chilly in the shadow of the mountain but scenery is beautiful.

What a great hike! Although I could never quite figure out when the trail ended, but exploring was great. At the “fork” in the path, go right. When you get to the first green tree that looks out of place, turn 90 degrees and venture down to the waterfall! It rained the day before so there was actually water!

we went in the sprong/summer when it hasn't rained in a while and the creek was pretty much dry. even with the creek I dont think it would be anything exciting

Highly trafficked but very fun and great for dogs.

I enjoyed it and it was a great first hole with my dogs. My dogs (10) are older and they did great! Bummed no water was flowing but there was a small part of the creek that still had water and my Lab had a great time in it!

I've hiked this trail several times, it's a great hike to take kids. we stop and have lunch at the homestead play in the grass. wonderful times.

This is definitely one of my favorite trails to do with my kids. It usually takes about 3 hours with the kids (4 & 6). It is fairly easy to stay on the trail until you get towards the end. There is a nice little creek filled with frogs that is a ton of fun for the kids. I would strongly recommend this trail for all families visiting red rock.

Beginning easy, as you get closer to the canyon the trail becomes more of a scramble with the path becoming less and less clear. No waterfall this time of year that we could find. total hike time 2.5 hours. We arrived at 5pm and the entire hike was nicely shaded.