First Creek Trail

First Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

Never Again. There's No Shade At All Once You Start Walking.... There's Only 1 Big Tree To Catch Yoir Breath & Get Some Shade Before The Trail Starts To Go In A Million Different Ways.. We Got Lost, Phone Died, Ran Out Of Water & It Was So Hot That My Dog Was Trying To Find Shade In A Cactus Bush & Ended Up With 10 Stickers All Over. I Didnt Bring Tweezers To Get It Out So I Had To Use My Fake Nails As Keys To Get It Out Of My Dog.. We Had Shoes For Him Which Was Perfect Because Otherwise He Probably Would Of Got It In His Paws Too. Once The Trail Doesn't Have An Actual Trail Anymore, We Realized We Were Lost & Started Heading Back. This Trail Is Marked Easy, Which I Agree That The Actual Hike Is Easy, But To Try & Find The Water & Getting To The End Was Difficult. We Never Made It To The Water For The Simple Fact There Is No Real Trail.

If You Tempt To Do This Hike I Recommend To Bring: Plenty Of Water, Tweezers, Tracking Markers So U Can Find Your Way Back, & A Extra Battery For Your Phone Just Incase You Have To Call For Help.

I love this trail! Although the path is t clear once your get into the mountains. It's still beautiful!

First thing, many hugs to the person who left a review saying to bring tweezers. Puppy stepped on part of a cactus so it was a life saver. A multi-tool worked better with the larger pliers for unsticking the cactus chunk.

It was beautiful. Great trail. Lots of tiny lizards and butterflies.

Downside was the first 1/4 mile had tons of dog poop. After that, there was the occasional horse dropping. I imagine the dog poop problem would improve if the park put out a trash can at the trail head.

Overall, enjoyable and planning to go back when the weather cools down a little more. By 9am it was getting pretty warm.

Got lost trying to find the waterfall. There is no clear path when you get closer to the end. Won't be doing that one again.