Exploration Peak Trail

Exploration Peak Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

9700 South Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV

Hiked it with my 3 year old son and daughter. Great views of Red Rock Canyon and the Vegas strip.

Great park, lots of shade and trees. Once you pass the gates there’s no more shade. The trail itself has a bunch of different paths you can take. You can definitely get a good leg workout. The trail also has 2 steep inclines. I did both and was well worth it. The views were awesome ⛰

We do this hike often. My kiddos love it. :)

I used to hike this trail when I was 10 & now I’m 20. It’s a quick little hike. Great for/with kids & pets.

Love the view from up top. I wouldn't call this trail easy, but it is doable even for out of shape people like myself.

Nice, easy hike with a playground/park right next door. Kids enjoyed the hike and the playground:)

Nice quick hike with a picnic lunch at the top!! Great day to be alive! Dogs and kids running around at the top but not annoying anyone!

Moving to this area soon so I thought I’d have a look around the neighborhood. I decided to hike up today and it was easy but still a nice little heart pumping workout. Great view at the top too.

This is a GREAT place to get some incline and elevation gain without driving to the mountains. While the walk is short, it has multiple paths of various difficulty. The path going straight up the side would challenge Walter Payton in his prime. The gradual trail can be completed by beginners. Nice view of the Strip from the rotunda at the top, which also gives a nice Las Vegas history lesson.

I wouldn’t call this a hike, but it’s a good bit of exercise. I like to run it. Great views of the city. Suggest it if it’s near by but don’t make the trip if it’s not in your backyard.

Very pleasant.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

It was a nice hike it was 97 hot but lucky to have wind.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

fun for a quick hike. it's right in the middle of the city so not a real "Get away"

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

not bad going up very very slippery going down

Monday, May 01, 2017

Nice short hike!! Great elevation. Plenty of parking. Really enjoyed this.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Loved the park and trails to overview, educational and beautiful views!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

A beautiful place to watch the sunrise over the Las Vegas valley.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Great hike, Easy but fun and great views!

Monday, April 17, 2017

For a big guy like me I can't say it was the easiest. But it is an easy hike! Great surroundings and great park at the bottom. Will definitely return just to make sure I make it easy for me!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

My wife and I took our 7yr old, 5yr old niece and 2yr old on this hike. Good for the family. The little one make it most of the way (2/3) before needing carried. View is amazing!

Friday, April 07, 2017

There are several paths you can take to the top with the most challenging being those going straight up. If you choose these routes take your time and make sure of your footing because of loose rocks and pebbles. Once at the top, make your way to the observation circle - stand in the middle of the compass facing the Strip and give a big yell - you'll be amazed at the acoustics. On the trip down, take the more gradual route. Again, because of the loose rocks and pebbles. Ample parking, restrooms and water adjacent the parking lot, but no facilities at the top. Great 360 views of the valley.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

good local hike!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My children ages 3 & 5 have so much fun at the park and cam easily climb the mountain.

Friday, December 09, 2016

Easy trail to walk up and back. Excellent view of the valley at the top and a bit quieter up there too. Hiked this in biz casual and dress shoes and no issues except some slippage on my way back down.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

quick walk up a hill, great views of the city. really nice park at the bottom of the hill. the park will be packed on Saturdays but ive never hand an issue with parking. the trail is pretty loose for dogs.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Nice easy hill to run, or hike with kids, even little ones :)