East Powerhouse Trail

East Powerhouse Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lamoille, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until August.

old growth

One of the trails on Lamoille Canyon Road. Open to all skill level. This is the trail on the east side across Power House Picnic Site.

This was a really nice hike. The elevation climb wasn't too bad and is done in the initial first mile. The elevation starts, according to my Garmin, at about 6352 and peaks at 7800.

The trail was well defined and could be used for biking and running. The trail is definitely NOT 3.3 miles out and back. I did just shy of 4 miles in one direction. I suspect the trail continued for at least another half mile.

It isn't the most exciting trail, but does offer some beautiful views of the Lamoille Valley and the Ruby Mountains. I could see this being an ideal late fall / early spring hike as well as parking was fairly close to the canyon's entrance.

There is no water on the trail and it was largely exposed, so be sure to bring supplies. I did see about half a dozen other people on the trail as well.

This is a great trail. We did not make it to the end, we turned back after about 3.5 hours of hiking, but there were beautiful views (Lamoille/Elko valley and as far as the eye can see), flowers and butterflies along the way! We went late June.