Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Eagle's Nest Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 410 feet Route Type: Loop

recorded Eagle's Nest Trail

Good easy hike for someone just getting into hiking !

This trail is awesome if you are looking for a mild experience with little to no scrambles or climbing. There are a few areas with steep uphill, but they are short. Overall great trail, well marked and leisurely. Additionally, the trail is very scenic and great new or inexperienced hikers.

Very nice walk for a winter evening. Mostly uncovered so sun is a factor. Beautiful views. Beginning of trail is steep but rest is easy. Enjoy!

Nice trail. 1st part is a little bit of a climb up but the majority of it is more flat. Not a ton of shade on the loop part of the trail but enough for the occasional break.

Awesome easy morning trail!

Super fun, lots of hummingbirds, flowers, loved the view, can't believe I drove past this gem so many times personally I prefer this one to say st. Mary's for sure way more scenic

Pretty easy hike. You have to climb up a hill to get started but after that the incline is so gradual it feels pretty flat most of the way. Not a ton of shade but there are some shady spots you can stop and take a break in.

Great leisure trial. Short and sweet. We did see a few runners on this path, along with many dogs. I would say it would be great for kids. I would also recommend bug spray

Slightly moderate to easy hike....if I do it again I will go counterclockwise on the trail for a bit more cardio. Pretty hike, lots of lizards and birds. Continued on to Fletcher Canyon and that made it all worth while.

Beautiful place for a sunset hike

Beautiful Trail! The views are very nice and pretty much 360 degrees once you reach the top of the hill where it splits to Fletcher Canyon. Temp was 80 degrees at the trail and 105 down in Las Vegas. I'm so glad I got out the city for a day to hike, I don't think it was easy by any means. I rate it as hard up to the top of the first hill, moderate up to the switchbacks (which were kinda fun) and then easy the second half. Of a lot of the tails in the area, this one is a nice distance to hike for a day trip without beating yourself up too bad. Very rocky trail. Bring decent shoes. Did it in a pair of Jordan's regretfully.

The first incline was intense, but there were shady spots to rest. Very peaceful and beautiful views. Less traveled than Fletcher’s Canyon. We went off trail for a bit and were able to see a Black-tailed Jack Rabbit, it was huge. My dog also let me know of a Coyote that he sensed in the area, and I saw it high on the tree line. It is also used by horses, so be aware of that. But worth the hike and we felt alone on the mountain.

That first hill is no joke, but the views are worth it!

Very good hike. Starts at the Fletcher Canyon trailhead. The first big hill is the most difficult then it's pretty easy. Easy for children. Great views

Easy. Good way to add a couple miles. Elevation change is negated by gradual switchbacks. Well maintained and pretty well marked. Couple of small paths off the trail that you watch out for if you want to stay on the trail.

Went toward the end of April. Temperature was perfect and there was a little river from the snow melting. It was a good exercise for my dog since it wasn’t to much of a incline. There were a lot of bugs probably because the changing of the weather/seasons.

Sun Mar 17 2019

great trail with nice overlooks. still patchy snow and slush, makes for mud is some spots. bring good water proof boots.

Sun Mar 03 2019

This was a great trail! Unfortunately we did not look at the weather prior to going and it hailed while we were out there. We were not dressed for the weather. There were some spots on the trail that had deeper snow, so feet got a bit wet near the end of the loop. We just followed the prior footsteps and it wasn’t too difficult to stay on the path!

Thu Feb 07 2019

Was originally going to attempt Fletcher Peak but snow levels were a bit much for my comfort level solo snowshoeing. Using AllTrails gps Trail was easy to navigate and tacked on Eagles Nest for the bonus views. Snow was 8-10’” at TH and as deep as 12-14 most of the way but the upper parts of the canyon got really deep and it was powder that was hard to make any ground on.

Sat Dec 15 2018

Easy hike with a nice scenery. Great for kids or first time hikers!

Wed Oct 24 2018

Short easy trail that is great for a sunrise hike. It can be quite narrow in places, so could be a pain if crowded with people going both directions. Also there are cactus plants with HUGE spines all over the place, so be careful with dogs and young children. Our dog ended up with some spines in her hiking boots when she strayed from the trail going after a mule deer (she was leashed so she didn't get far). We started hiking about 30 minutes before sunrise and were out of the trees in plenty of time to see the colors creep up. Went on a weekday morning in October and were the only ones the entire time. It was also very frosty, so between the cactus spines and the frosty ground we were glad our dog had her boots.

Tue Sep 25 2018

Just what we were looking for. Not much elevation, beautiful views. Easy for young kids.

Fri Sep 21 2018

Decent trail just not much shade. A lot of shrub brush but some cool views of the mountains

Mon Aug 06 2018

Easy way to get some steps in. My favorite go to.

Fri Jul 27 2018

A decent trail, but nothing really spectacular. The views of the surrounding peaks are nice. Don't let the steep hill at the beginning intimidate you--aside from that, the trail is nicely graded and a very pleasant, fairly level walk. It's a very sunny trail, so plan and pack accordingly. A nice and quiet trail, but nothing I'd take visitors on.

Sat Jul 14 2018

Such a beautiful trail, not much incline at all but very much worth it. You’ll see lots of different nature from plants to animals. Definitely done best in the morning or evening when there’s not too many people. I’ve done the tail twice with no other hikers and it’s even more beautiful.

Sat Jun 23 2018

The Eagles Nest trail is an easy journey, best in the evening or early AM as it is exposed to the sun mid-day. The wildlife in the evening is abundant. May and June bring a variety of blooms paint the trail. Bring a camera to capture butterflies, birds, deer and other furry creatures.